Mack pulls off another world record
- Big Mack. // Truck & Driver;Jun2006, p14
The article reports that a new world record has been set in Australia by a Mack Titan truck by traveling 100 metres, pulling 113 trailers and stretching 1474.3 metres in length. Although the truck hauled more than one-hundred times its own weight, it did so as a base, stock-standard model, free...
- Why size matters. Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;9/25/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5047, p10
Criticizes the tractor cab with small space used by British truckers. Importance of cab with enough living space for drivers; Standard length of tractor with trailers.
- First duty of the day. Sheppard, Guy // Commercial Motor;4/3/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5274, p26
The article reports on the significance of daily walk-round checks. It is mentioned that operators and drivers in Great Britain are breaking the law unless a walk-round check on tractor units and trailers is completed once every 24 hours. Traffic Commissioners' reports for 2005-2006 reveal that...
- Tractor becomes driver's island as CA roadway floods. Marsh, Aaron // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;10/16/2015, p1
The article reports that according to the website accuweather.com a driver of tractor-trailer stood on hood of the tractor during mudslide at Interstate 5 on October 15, 2015. Topics discussed include a video showing flood streams and the driver standing on hood, efforts of rescue personnel for...
- PREVENTABLE or NOT? // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p76
The article discusses the road accident involving a tractor-trailer driven by John Doe in the countryside near Pumpkin Patch, Arkansas when a pickup driver tried to swing around his trailer.
- Your Nov. 12 Pre-Trip: Driver shortage hits home for one company. Commendatore, Cristina // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;11/12/2015, p7
The article discusses topics related to the U.S. trucking industry as of November 2015 including the challenges face by trucking companies in recruiting and retaining drivers, the closure Interstate 80 due to a winter storm and an accident of a tractor-trailer hauling cows on a North Texas highway.
- House cleaning. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Sep2014, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on Hayden Eady, the professional driver and maintenance manager for custom truck and trailer dubbed "Dr. Cool" from Detroit Radiator Corp. It is informed that DRC has been promoting its line of aftermarket products for heavy-duty trucks at trade shows and other public events...
- channel19. Duncan, Andy // Overdrive;May2006, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p21
The article presents information related to truck drivers and driving. John Atkinson, a trucker of Brisbane, Australia, has broken his own world record for pulling the longest road train ever assembled for a single truck. Before a crowd of 8,000 people, Atkinson pulled the load more than 328...
- THE END OF THE ROAD. // Truck & Driver;Oct2002, p7
Features the gift set commemorating the haulier Gibb's of Fraserburgh in Scotland. Product price; Inclusion of tractor units; Features of the booklet.