Credit, College, and Competency
- Financial Integration: Connecting the Client's Past, Present, and Future. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p62
The article presents advice for financial planners who wish to help their clients set goals and follow the maps to those goals to implement their financial plans. If a financial planner can understand their clients' beliefs about money, they can predict clients' actions around money, no matter...
- College credit problems follow students after graduation. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/01/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p4
Highlights findings of a study conducted by Education & Training Programs Inc. on the credit problems of college students in the United States. Revolving credit card debt of an average college student; Effects of debt problems on students' psychological well-being and academic performance.
- When Misfortune Brings a Client to Your Door. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the emotional challenge faced by financial planners. Discussion on some examples of people who seek for financial planning assistance for a variety of reason; Coverage of the financial plan; Reasons people seek a financial planner. INSET: Natural-Disaster Resources for Small-Business...
- Get help in helping client debtors. Armstrong, Alison // Mortgage Strategy;1/30/2006, p64
The article advises mortgage brokers in Great Britain to advise their clients with debt difficulties not to remortgage or to file bankruptcy but to get assistance from a licensed insolvency practitioner. One proven alternative is the individual voluntary arrangement (IVA). With IVA, borrowers...
- ASK GREG. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);8/16/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 33, p77
Addresses a question about the implications of personal bankruptcy. Consultation of a qualified financial professional; Restrictions applied upon the declaration of bankruptcy.
- Does money make you sick? Taylor, A.R.; Howard, Beth M.; HellstrÖM, Monica // Natural Health;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p17
The article states that dealing with the IRS â€” or other kinds of money trouble â€” can lead to stress and impaired physical health, according to researchers at the Ohio State University. The first step toward feeling more secure about money is to really understand where it goes, says...
- A new generation. // Money Management;6/1/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p14
The article presents the comments of a number of people who are aspiring to become financial planners in Australia. Crystal Yeung, a commerce student, believes that knowledge about finance helps a person to give good advice to friends. Ling Wang, an accountant, feels that helping people with...
- Bank on it. Lay, Liberty // Campus Life;Dec98, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p50
Discusses several key elements that college students must understand to be a good money manager. Opening a checking account; Balancing the budget; Selecting a credit card.
- An analysis of personal financial literacy among college students. Chen, Haiyang; Volpe, Ronald P. // Financial Services Review;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p107
Reports on the results of a survey of college students to examine their personal financial literacy. Relationship between the literacy and students' characteristics; Impact of the literacy on students' opinions and decisions; Conclusion that college students are not knowledgeable about personal...