Karuk Jump Dance Basket
- AUTRY EXTENDS The Art of Native American Basketry EXHIBIT. // News from Native California;Winter2010/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p8
The article reviews the exhibition "The Art of Native American Basketry" at the Southwest Museum of the American Indian in the Autry National Center in California from November 6, 2009 through May 6, 2012.
- LIFE STORY. // Pomo Basketmaking;1972, p16
Describes a photograph that shows a typical streamside woodland of the California Coast Range. Trees found in the area which include willow, cottonwood and alder; Features of places where California Indians found most of their materials for making baskets.
- BIG TIMES/LITTLE TIMES. Hogeland, Kim // News from Native California;Fall2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p44
Presents news briefs on native American Indians in California as of October 2002. Opening of a cultural museum by the Cabazon band of Mission Indians; Qualification of Jeff Hayes to compete in the 2002 World Powerlifting Competition; Courses on tribal court law that are offered by the College...
- STORIES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Linsteadt, Sylvia // News from Native California;Fall2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article reviews the exhibition "California Indians: Making a Difference" at The California Museum for History, Women, and the Arts in Sacramento, California which was curated by P. Christiaan Klieger and represents Californian Indian cultures from the past and in the present.
- Pi'Ãªep KÃ¡ru PayÃªem: Long Ago and Today. Brown, Ben // News from Native California;Fall2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p35
The article reviews the exhibition of the Karuk tribe titled "Pi'eep Karu Payeem: Long Ago and Today" at the Clarke Historical Museum in Eureka, California from January 2010 through August 2012.
- calendar events. // News from Native California;Summer2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p45
A calendar of museums and events for California for 2007 is presented which includes the Augustan Society Library & Museum of Native American arts, the Native American Women's Creations Exhibition, and the 6th Annual Gathering of the Lodges.
- NATIVE EDUCATION IN CALIFORNIA. // News from Native California;Winter2016/2017, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p30
The article discusses partnership of the periodical with the California Indian Culture and Sovereignty Center as well as the California Indian Museum and Cultural Center for the supplement on Native American education in California and presents images including graduate Michael Murphy.
- Token of Appreciation. Leibowitz, Ed // Smithsonian;Aug2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p34
Examines the Pomo Indian basket, one of many in "The Language of Native American Baskets" exhibit at the Smithsonian's Heye Center at the Museum of the American Indian in New York City. Acquisition of the baskets through the donation of Grace Nicholson's private collection; Details of...
- BASKETWEAVERS' GATHERING. Brawley, Shannon // News from Native California;Winter2006/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the sixteenth annual California basket-weavers gathering, which was sponsored by the California Indian Basketweavers Association and the Soboba Indian Reservation. Gathering highlights included the showcasing of unique baskets as well as the socialization opportunities...