- The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);2/21/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p22
A joke is presented about three little boys who were baptized by a church janitor.
- The cowpath to America. Verghese, Abraham // New Yorker;06/23/97-06/30/97, Vol. 73 Issue 17, p70
Relates experiences in living and working as a doctor in the United States. Internship at the Government General Hospital in Madras, India; Residency of the family in the United States; Rebellion of most Indians against the British fixation of their elders.
- Chile And Physician Migration. Zarate, Victor; Jimenez, Jorge; Bastias, Gabriel // Health Affairs;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1186
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on Indian physician migration which appeared in the March/April 2006 issue of the periodical.
- Chile: The Author Responds. Mullan, Fitzhugh // Health Affairs;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1186
A response by the author to a letter to the editor about his article on Indian physician migration which appeared in the March/April 2006 issue of the periodical is presented.
- Indian Doctor Honored for Community Service. // India -- West;4/8/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 20, pB31
The article announces that Dr. Shuvendu Sen has received the 2011 Oscar Edwards E. Award from the American College of Physicians in North Carolina.
- Dr. Lodha Seeks Bigger Role for Young Doctors. // News India Times;3/22/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p7
This article reports on the plan of Doctor Ajay Lodha of New York to run in 2013 for the position of secretary of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin.
- Choosing a Godparent--tricky business! // Challenge Newsline;Jul2002, Issue 15, p4
Offers a guide to choosing a godparent. Role and responsibility of a godparent; Characteristics that should be considered.
- THOSE CONVERTS ARE NOT SO TERRIBLE. HAWKS, EDWARD // America;8/8/1936, Vol. 55 Issue 18, p414
The article focuses on Catholics who are afraid of being overwhelmed by a flood of converts. The notoriety gained by converts have been due to the weakness of Catholics. The converts seem to have been anxious about only one thing. They wanted to enter the Church by the only method they knew....
- Southern Baptists fall short of baptism goal. // Christian Century;5/15/2007, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p10
The author reports the goal by the Southern Baptist church to baptize 1 million people in 2006 was not reached. In 2006 there were approximately 365,000 baptisms. This was almost a 2 percent decrease in the number of baptisms compared to 2005. The number of Southern Baptist churches and church...