Southwest Museum Hosts Solo L. Frank Exhibit
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Winter2011/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p33
A calendar of events for California in the 2011-2012 Winter is presented which includes the exhibition of traditional Native American regalia at the Maidu Museum in Roseville, California, the exhibition "Seaweed, Salmon and Manzanita Cider: A California Indian Feast" in the Zents Gallery of the...
- STORIES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Linsteadt, Sylvia // News from Native California;Fall2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article reviews the exhibition "California Indians: Making a Difference" at The California Museum for History, Women, and the Arts in Sacramento, California which was curated by P. Christiaan Klieger and represents Californian Indian cultures from the past and in the present.
- Pi'Ãªep KÃ¡ru PayÃªem: Long Ago and Today. Brown, Ben // News from Native California;Fall2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p35
The article reviews the exhibition of the Karuk tribe titled "Pi'eep Karu Payeem: Long Ago and Today" at the Clarke Historical Museum in Eureka, California from January 2010 through August 2012.
- travels with Heyday and News. // News from Native California;Winter2011/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p27
The article offers news briefs related to California Indians as of the winter of 2011-2012. The Manresa Gallery in San Francisco, California has an art exhibition called "The Spirit Within: Creation, Community, and Renewal in Indigenous Art." Advocates for Indigenous California Language Survival...
- Heyday Institute news and updates. // News from Native California;Fall2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p39
The article presents an update on issues related to Native Americans in California. The book "Chief Marin," by Betty Goerke will be available for purchase in April 2007. The California Indian cookbook titled "A California Indian Feast," has already gone in to production and is expected to be...
- Gesture Down (I Don't Sing). // Journal of Religion & Film;Apr2006, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p22
The article reviews the motion picture "Gesture Down," directed by Cedar Sherbert.
- calendar of events. // News from Native California;Winter2006/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p44
The article presents a calendar of events relating to North American Indians living in California. The Native Health Conference, hosted by Chumash Bison Company will be at the Ozena Valley Rancheria on January 15, 2007. The exhibition titled "Sing Me Your Story, Dance Me Home: Art and Poetry...
- California's First Peoples: A Photographic History of California Indians (Book). // News from Native California;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p32
Reviews the book "California's First Peoples: A Photographic History of California Indians," by L. Frank and Kim Hogeland.
- EVENTS. // News from Native California;Winter2006/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p15
The article presents a calendar of events being sponsored by the Heyday Institute. Starting in February 2007, the institute will be sponsoring a lecture series of five small salons designed to celebrate and examine California Indian arts and cultural revival. On February 18, 2007, the art...