Twenty-five Years of California Indian Legal Services
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // News from Native California;Summer2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p46
Presents a calendar of events for Indian organizations in California from July 1 to October 31, 2004. Summer Fun Program at the California State Indian Museum; Ishi Seminar 2004 at Chester Memorial Hall; 12th Annual American Indian Women's Conference at Scout Camp Site.
- Tribe wields huge leverage in N. Carolina Senate race. Quin La Capra // Hill;6/25/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 73, p16
The article reports that the Lumbee Tribe has conducted cautious observations on both senatorial candidates in North Carolina in 2014, Senator Kay Hagan and House Speaker Thom Tillis, to ensure the passage of the Lumbee Recognition Act.
- BIG TIMES/LITTLE TIMES. Hogeland, Kim // News from Native California;Fall2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p42
Presents news briefs on the Native American community in California as of fall 2004. Awards received by college graduate Marshall Williamson; Amount donated by the Morongo Band of Mission Indians and the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians to the Habitat for Humanity charity; Anniversary of the...
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Winter2005/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p2
The article covers various issues related to the Indians of North America in California as of January 2006. Events which took place during the last six months include a meeting of Native American prison chaplains in Visalia and a reception for Yurok poet Shaunna Oteka McCovey in Berkeley. The...
- DIVINELY GUIDED: The California Work of the Women's National Indian Association. MILLER, ROBERT D. // Journal of the West;Winter2012, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p89
The article reviews the book "Divinely Guided: The California Work of the Women's National Indian Association," by Valerie Sherer Mathes.
- Learn all about it. // California Chronicles;Nov98, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p30
Lists different sources of information about California's Native American tribes and their culture.
- publisher's notes. Margolin, Malcolm // News from Native California;Summer2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p2
This article introduces the magazine with a discussion of the traditions of Native Americans in California and that state's place on the cutting edge of modern technology.
- Esselen. // California Indians;1999, p15
Features facts about the traditional way of life, population and language of Esselen, one of the early California Indian groups that settled in the state's central coast.
- Huchnom. // California Indians;1999, p17
Provides facts about the traditional way of life, population and language of Huchnom, one of the early California Indian groups that settled in the state's north-central region.