TOP 10 THINGS WE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
- Quiltmaking Fundamentals. // McCall's Quilting;May/Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, Special section p12
The article offers tips on the fundamentals of quiltmaking. It mentions that iron, quilting hoop, and sewing machine are some of the basic supplies and equipment needed in quiltmaking. It states that washing, drying and pressing of all fabrics are recommended before using them. Topics of the...
- Sewing "Upside Down"? // Quiltmaker;Sep/Oct2012, Issue 147, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including foundation piecing technique, sewing machines, and quilting.
- Basic Sewing Tools & Supplies. // Pillow Pizzazz;6/1/2012, p55
The article lists several basic sewing tools and supplies for creating quilted pillows including sewing machine, 45-mm rotary cutter, and pins.
- Ask a Longarmer. Pfarr, Karen // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Dec2014/Jan2015, p51
The article presents an answer to a question about a problem with use of a longarm machine in quilting.
- Quilting Around the Block. SHEPPARD, WENDY // Quilter's World;Feb2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p72
The author offers strategies for making quilts using a home sewing machine. She talks about her interest in using the all-over quilting approach in printed fabrics. She offers information on her interest in using symmetrical feather quilting motifs and mentions how straight stitching complements...
- Layer, Baste, Quilt! // McCall's Quilting;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
The article offers tips on free motion quilting with home sewing machine, along with favorite gadgets for quilting.
- Tour Decades of Quilting. EIKMEIER, BARBARA J.; THOMAS, DONNA LYNN // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Aug/Sep2014, Issue 441, p30
The authors discuss their experiences as a quilt maker and quilting teacher and offer information about the "Four Decades of Quilting" program. Topics covered include the authors' differences including the one's passion for precision piecing and the other's use of applique, the benefits of the...
- A Prison with Purpose. // E THIS WEEK;11/25/2012, p1
The article offers information on quilt making by the inmates of the Hutchinson Correctional Facility in Hutchinson, Kansas. It states that their fabric of choice is cut-up prison clothes from their own or another facility. It mentions that the men use a donated sewing machine and an electric...
- notes. // Easy Quilts;Summer2012, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to a survey which asks what the best quilting gift readers have ever received which include a sewing room, sewing machines and hand-turned seam rippers.