- A--Z of Stumpwork, A--Z of Quilting, A--Z of Needlepoint, and A--Z of Thread Painting. Berka, Amanda // Piecework;May/Jun2006, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
The article reviews several books on needlework including "A-Z of Needlework," "A-Z of Quilting," and "A-Z of Thread Painting," by Sue Gardner.
- Display quilts with care. // Country Living;Jul85, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p73
Their bold patterns and lively colors make antique bedcovers a decorator's dream, but these fragile textiles need special handling to ensure their longevity.
- Various quilt styles. // Country Living;Aug86, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p78
Various quilt styles that can be stitched to fit the house are shown and suggestions for your home are presented to enable you to adorn almost any home beautifully.
- Country in the city. // Country Living;Oct87, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p104
Looks at the use of quilts to give a country look to a Manhattan apartment. Quilts as wall hangings; Period textiles; Embroidered linens.
- Quilter's notebook. // Country Living;Mar1989, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p22
Describes an appliqued quilt, a book on Victorian symbols, handmade magnets and pretty prints. INSET: For effortless cutting..
- Fixing up and making do. Northrop, J. // Country Living;Jan1991, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p63
Recounts the quilting experiences of the author's 75-year-old friend. How she and her family made quilts through the winter months; Sew-and-visit sessions with neighbors; Diverse patterns; Emphasis on the old-fashioned notion of fixing up and making do, in comparison to today's throwaway...
- Piecemeal memories. Rule, Rebecca // Country Living;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p72
Presents the authors idea of assembling a quilt of scraps of material collected from various ancestors. The memories the material invokes; The soothing effect it has; Used material; Receiving material from friends; More.
- Recycling and remembering. Wong, Steve // Country Living;Jan1994, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p77
Presents the author's reflections about the making of quilts from old clothing. Quiltmaking by author's Aunt Matt; Quiltmaking by Mrs. Gilbert; Recreation of memories for posterity.
- Quilting project fosters math, history, and cooperation skills. // Curriculum Review;Nov92, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the quilting project of the third-graders at Arlington School in Toledo, Ohio. How the students were inspired to saw their own quilt; Students' process in working on the quilt; Lessons learned by the students in quilting.