- Needles: Getting to the Point. Griepentrog, Linda Turner // Quilter's World;Oct2008, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p18
The article offers facts about needles used in sewing and quilting projects. There are different suggestions when it comes to how often a needle should be changed. While other sewing experts believe it should be replaced for each new project, others consider changing the needle every eight to 12...
- FUN FACTS. // Sew News;Feb/Mar2013, Issue 333, p79
The article offers information about the first sized tissue patterns which were introduced by the Butterick family in 1863 as well as the first sewing needles that were used by primitive people.
- Magnetic Needle Nannies, Thread Separators, & Thread & Yarn Organizers. // Quilter's World;Dec2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p9
The article previews the a line of craft tools, including magnetic needle nannies, thread separators and thread and yarn organizers, from Puffin & Co.
- What is your favorite hand-sewing tool? Usher, Terri; Anyon, Joan Temko // Quilting Arts Magazine;Oct/Nov2013, Issue 65, p6
The article presents answers of readers to the question regarding their favorite hand-sewing tool which include the thimble as the most favorite tool, the Derwent inktense pencils, and special needles as straw needles.
- All About Needles. Stoddard, Paula // Quiltmaker;May/Jun2014, Issue 157, p16
The article talks about sewing machine needles. Topics discussed include needle descriptions and color coding information, types of needle points including sharp, ballpoint and universal, and needles used by quilters including quilting and universal needles. Also mentioned are needles for...
- QUILTERS' Wish List. // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Dec2014/Jan2015, p42
The article features gifts for quilt makers, including the Creative Notions XXL Sewing Machine Trolley, Alphabitties Specialty Marking Tools and Tulip Hiroshima Hand Needles.
- "I think you need stitches.". Harris, Diane // Quiltmaker;Sep/Oct2013, Issue 153, p20
The article discusses the tools needed to get started in hand embroidery. The author suggests taking the time when finding or purchasing embroidery needles, ensuring that they an eye large enough for multiple strands of thread and a sharp point to pierce through the fabric. Regular cotton...
- Supply Closet. // Country Living;Aug2008, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information on various equipment, sources and activities related to handicraft. Spools of thread can be mounted on a metal wire rack from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft. The website, sewmamasew.com/blog2, provides tips and information on new projects and sewing resources. It is...
- Quiltmaking Fundamentals. // McCall's Quilting;Nov/Dec2014, Special section p12
The article offers instructions for making quilts, including techniques and tools.