Alaska Railroad Taps Citigroup To Run Debut Tax-Exempt Sale
- Ten New York Counties to Sell $393 Million in Tobacco MSA-Backed Bonds. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p4
Reports on the plans of ten New York counties to publicly sell taxable and tax-exempt bonds backed by expected payments under the 1998 tobacco Master Settlement Agreement. Cost of additional so-called tobacco debt which will be privately placed; Sale of the bonds by the New York Counties Tobacco...
- Tobacco Deal for Hospitals. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32449, p33
The article reports that District of Columbia priced $248 million in tax-exempt tobacco settlement-secured bonds, which finances the construction of three emergency-focused health care facilities and for making improvements at the Greater Southeast Community Hospital. Furthermore, negotiation...
- Munis End Flat, Treasuries Gain; Over $1 Billion of New Issues Sold. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of September 24, 2003. Market status of municipal bonds; Amount of major new issues sold by underwriters; Sale of state personal income tax revenue bonds by Citigroup Global Markets Inc. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, September 23.
- Don't get comfortable; on top now, in pits later. // Pensions & Investments;10/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p44
Focuses on a study by Smith Barney Consulting Group which confirmed that top investment performance is not a guarantee of future performance. What the study indicated; Number of mutual fund investors surveyed by Columbia University's Graduate School of Business; Time periods analyzed by the...
- Pa. Fund Axes Consultant. J. L. // Investment Management Weekly;4/11/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Reports that Chester County Retirement Board in Pennsylvania has terminated Smith Barney Consulting Group. Value of the retirement fund; List of the fund's managers.
- Alaska Railroad's Market Premiere to Feature $76M in Debt With Rare Backing. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p4
The article reports on the Alaska Railroad Corp.'s issuance of $76 million in capital grant receipts bonds secured by federal transit grants. The railroad has received earmarked federal grants since 1996. Alaska Railroad Corp. chief financial officer Bill O'Leary describes the structure of the...
- Industry mourns passing of ABS luminary Robert R. Malim. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;7/3/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p7
The article focuses on the life and works of Robert R. Malin, co-head of U.S. asset-backed securities (ABS) business of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. Malin was an outstanding contributor of the development of the credit card ABS sector. He died at the age of 46 on June 23, 2006 while on vacation...
- Citigroup tops JPMorgan, maintains comfortable lead in ABS. // Asset Securitization Report;1/5/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p10
Reports that Citigroup Global Markets secured the top spot in the asset-backed securities (ABS) underwriter league tables for 2003.
- Consumers pile on more mortgage- related debt, but can handle most of it. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;4/10/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p12
The article reports increased levels of debt between 2001 and 2004 in the United States, based on a government survey. Citigroup Global Markets analysts warned investors to avoid subprime unsecured debt, although they did acknowledge that American consumers were able to afford their debt loads....