- Oklahoma Budget Pact Looks to Revenue Growth for Debt Service. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32118, p35
The article reports that a $5.9 billion budget plan endorsed by Oklahoma legislative leaders depends on growth in state revenues to fund debt service payments on highway revenue bonds. The plan announced late Thursday by Senate President Pro Tem Mike Morgan, and House Speaker Todd Hiett, sets...
- Ohio Legislature Passes Budget. Winsinewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/01/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31151, p4
Reports on the Ohio legislature's approval of a two-year budget that would increase public grade and high school funding.
- Late Again with School Payments, Alabama Fears New Cuts. // Community College Week;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses budget issues in funds for school systems in Alabama. It is stated that the budget for 2009 is expected to be less than in 2008 which makes 2009 the second year in a row of budget of cuts for public schools and colleges in Alabama. The State Board of Education voted to seek...
- Texas School Fund to Weigh Options After a Lean Year. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p3
Reports on the meeting of the state Board of Education to solve problems in managing fund earnings generated from the Permanent School Fund in Texas. Deficit in expected fund earnings; Reduction in state budgets to meet current revenues; Suggestion to venture in investments to raise revenues.
- State Budget Woes Hit Schools in Deep South. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;02/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the impact of state budget cuts to education in the Southern States of Alabama and Mississippi. Cuts in state school spending; Budget reductions by school districts.
- ALLOCATING CALIFORNIA CONSTRUCTION MONEY. // American School & University;Mar2005, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p12
Presents a breakdown of the allocation of California construction funds for school construction and renovation projects in 1998 and 2004.
- Budget cuts hit schools hard. // American Teacher;Nov2004, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the impact of budget cuts on schools in the U.S. Economic factor in budget cuts; Effect of school job losses on the quality of education; Other school districts hit by the budget cuts.
- Limited Impact on E.D. Seen in Latest Budget Plan. Pitsch, Mark // Education Week;10/17/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p20
The article reports on the expectation for small changes on the budget deficit-reduction bill for education-related programs in the 1991 budget proposal passed by the Appropriations Committee for deliberations in the U.S. The budget deficit-reduction bill had totaled 176.3 billion dollars and...
- Scottish public finances on track as Executive meets targets. Scott, David // Public Finance;4/2/2004, p6
Reports that the Scottish Executive is on course to meet the majority of targets set out in its draft budget for 2004/05 in Great Britain. Executive's success in the area of public finance; Fulfillment of its commitments on Best Value and on the provision of financial stability through the...