Ambac Wins Corporate Award for Charity Work
- Genader Named Ambac President. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p7
Cites the appointment of Robert Genader as president and chief operating officer at Ambac Financial Group Inc.
- Ambac CEO Lassiter to Retire Next Year; Genader Tapped. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31634, p29
Ambac Financial Group Inc. chief operating officer Robert J. Genader will replace chief executive officer Phillip B. Lassiter in the number one position early in 2004, the firm announced. After serving as CEO for nearly 13 years, Lassiter said he will retire, though he will continue to chair the...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;1/20/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33044, p5
The article presents the top 10 electronic-mailed stories related to bonds in the U.S. as of January 16, 2009. Bond insurers Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc. have been hoping capital injections. The Internal Revenue Service is indicated to use the information submitted by tax-exempt...
- Not-for-profit leaders see challenges grow. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p15
Focuses on the challenges encountered by not-for-profit leaders in Indianapolis, Indiana. Fulfillment of corporate responsibility; Impact of losses of local leadership and financial resources in not-for-profits; Factors affecting the way not-for-profit community do business.
- Building Social Purpose through Partnerships. D'Angelo, Luella Chavez // San Diego Business Journal;4/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 16, pA27
The article presents the author's views on how corporations can focus on social engagement and accountability with the help of nonprofit organizations.
- Ambac issues debt to finance expansion. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;04/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30367, p31
Reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. issued $200 million of 100-year debt in April 1998 as part of an effort to increase the company's capital for future expansion efforts. Ratings by Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's; Lead manager.
- How to play the muni boom and earn around 35 percent. Sheeline, Bill // Money;Mar93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p80
Explains the reasons why stock in Ambac, the oldest insurer of municipal bonds, is a good investment. Description of firm's business; How the firm is able to show profits even in slow years; Outlook for prosperous years; Comments from Ambac CEO Phillip Lassiter; Share prices and earnings...
- Municipal bond fears insure Ambac's future. Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the stock performance of New York City-based Ambac Incorporated. Effect of increase in demand for insurance as a result of increased acquisition of municipal bonds; Comments of Ambac chairman Phillip B. Lassiter on the trend in municipal bond acquisition.
- Sponsors' statements. // Third Sector;Autumn2009 Awards, p47
The article features the sponsors of the 2009 Third Sector Excellence Awards. It offers information on their social responsibilities and how they help make a difference in the lives of people. Among them act as intermediaries to the government in providing solutions to a variety of...