Honolulu Water Board Seeking OK on $236M Offering
- Alaska Utility Selling $2M 'Mini Bond' Deal, Sans Underwriter. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p5
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds to individuals by the Anchorage water utility in Alaska. Elimination of the middleman; Encouragement of the customers to invest in their water utility; Offer of opportunity to residents to participate in municipal bonds.
- CALIFORNIA: Perata Sends Water Signals. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p9
The article reports on California Senate President Pro Tempore Don Perata's plan to support a 2008 bond measure for water projects. The move signals a potential compromise with Republican Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger who has been pushing for a water bond measure. The article discusses why...
- Still no bonds to pay for Texas water project bill. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30182, p3
Reports on the lack of municipal bonds to finance a legislation that aims to thwart a serious water shortage expected to unfold over 30 to 50 years in Texas. Provisions of the legislation; Implications of the failure to appropriate money for debt service.
- Upgrade in Hand, Cincinnati Plans Water Deal With BABs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33152, p6
The article reports on the upgrade of ratings to top credit marks for the city of Cincinnati, Ohio which prices 100 million dollars of new-money and refunding water system revenue bonds which will include taxable Build America Bonds (BABs). The system is aimed to continue to maintain its debt...
- CALIFORNIA: Wading Back Into Water Issue. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports on the proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for water issues. The report noted that Schwarzenegger announced a new water infrastructure proposal that calls for $8.4 billion of new bond authorizations for a variety of water projects, including dam building and...
- San Antonio Water's $43M Study Could Lend to $1 Billion of Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p1
Reports on the decision of San Antonio Water Systems trustees to approve the launch of a feasibility study for a water pipeline project in Texas. Partnership with the Lower Colorado River Authority to conduct the study; Possibility of issuing bonds for the pipeline project; Obstacles to the...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p27
Presents new briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Pulaski County Special School District's request for a property tax increase; Bennington farmers and ranchers' opposition against the passage of a school bond issue.
- Texas' First Sale for '01: $58 Million for Harris County Complex. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Texas' first debt sale for 2001. Harris County's plan to sell permanent improvement refunding bonds and certificates of obligation on January 8, 2001; Lead manager and co-senior manager for the negotiated deal.
- Maryland County to Sell $31.3M in GOs to Fund Construction, Renovations. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Harford County, Maryland's plan to sell general obligation bonds on January 9, 2000. Amount of bonds to be sold by the county; Purpose of the bonds.