IRS: Major Audits to Come on Derivatives, 501 (c) (3) Deals
- IRS Sends Tax Bills To Some Muni Holders. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/08/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30971, p2
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's tax on institutional holders of municipal bonds that violated the laws of governing tax-exempt securities; Municipal bond audit of the agency.
- NABL to IRS: Get Issuers Not Investors. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/31/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31067, p1
Reports on a proposal by the National Association of Bond Lawyers that the United States Internal Revenue Service restructure its enforcement program for municipal bonds. Penalties for issuers and conduit borrowers for tax-law violations, rather than innocent bondholders; Group's letter to...
- Hatch's IRS appeal plan awaits committee nod. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p4
Reports on the expected US Senate hearings for a proposal that would enable municipal bond issuers to appeal bond tax rulings by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Exclusion of the proposal from an IRS restructuring bill reviewed by the Senate Finance Committee on March 24, 1998.
- IRS Considers Expanding Audit Program To Address Depreciation, Expenditures. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p36
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may extend its small-state industrial development municipal bond audit program, according to William Mark Scott, bond liaison for the IRS' Midstates region. Focus on capital expenditure and depreciation adjustment problems; IRS'...
- Tax appeal guidance expected this week. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p10
Reports on the scheduled release of the long-awaited guidance from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on how municipal bond issuers can appeal initial bond taxability determinations in November 1998.
- IRS: Issuers can appeal before agents get technical advice. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30525, p1
Details Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules which allows municipal bond issuers to appeal a determination that their bonds are taxable even without an IRS advice. Steps in conducting an appeal; Provision for bond issuers to use the IRS' early referral program; Effectivity of the proposed...
- Magee, Miss., reveals settlement with IRS. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p2
Focuses on the settlement between the city of Magee, Mississippi and the United States Internal Revenue Service regarding alleged tax-law violations in connection with the issuance of note issues totalling $282.2 million. Settlement by Mississippi localities of securities-fraud charges filed by...
- Muni players look at changes to IRS bond audit policies. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30236, p1
Reports on the criticism of the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) audit policies for taxing municipal bonds. Use of audits to detect tax code violations in tax-exempt bond issues; Call for a revision of the policies to ease the enforcement burden on state and local government issuers; Attempt...
- IRS OPR Settles With Two Bond Lawyers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/7/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32769, p1
The article focuses on the settlement between the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's Office of Professional Responsibility and two lawyers over alleged tax disciplinary rule violations in connection with $31 million of municipal bonds sold nine years ago to finance a parking garage for a mall in...