Detroit Searching for CFO as '07 Budget Talks Continue
- Detroit City Council OKs $1.2B bond sale to cover pensions. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;2/7/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p2
This article presents information on the Detroit City Council which voted 8-0 on Friday to approve the sale of $1.2 billion in bonds to refinance the city's pension obligations. The approval saves the city $80 million toward balancing its current budget shortfall of an estimated $250 million,...
- THIS JUST IN. Ankeny, Robert; Kosdrosky, Terry; Snavely, Brent; Dietderich, Andrew; Lane, Amy; Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;6/30/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p1
Mayor of Detroit, Michigan Kwame Kilpatrick said that the city's computer system Resource Management System (DRMS) has started working. Chief financial officer of the city Sean Werdlow said the administration's steering committee determined the system could be made to work and got $5 million...
- Bill Thompson Rejoins Siebert as Muni Firm Expands. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;11/22/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F346, p1
The article announces the appointment of Bill Thompson as the chief administrative officer and senior managing director at Siebert Brandford Shank and Co. LLC along with the promotion of Sean Werdlow as chief operating officer.
- Fresh Start in Atlanta. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p1
Reports on the appointment of Janice Davis to the post of chief financial officer of Atlanta, Georgia. Career background; Job skills; Achievements; Duties; Future plans of Davis.
- Atlanta OKs CFO, Hires Consultants For Financial 'Turnaround Plan'. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32997, p5
The article reports that the city council of Atlanta, Georgia has confirmed the nomination of Jim Glass to become the city's new chief financial officer (CFO) with a salary of $215,000 a year. Aside from the hiring of a new CFO, the council is also spending up to $850,000 to hire a team of...
- Congresswoman Calls for Review Panel for D.C. Finances. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;06/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31157, p44
Focuses on the issues on giving district officials an authority to handle district affairs in the United States. Need for an audit committee to check district finances; Opinion of Natwar Gandhi, district chief financial officer over the proposed establishment of audit committee; Responsibility...
- Holt Vows to Get Job Done. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30857, p1
Focuses on the commitment given by Washington, D.C. chief financial officer Valerie Holt to complete the city's 1999 public finance audit. Progress of reviewing the draft of the statement; Process that the document must undergo to attain official status according to Holt.
- Reforming Federal financial management. Roy, P. Norman // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
The article focuses on a proposal by the Financial Executives Institute concerning financial management reform in the United States. It states that the proposal would save billions of federal tax dollars, help reduce the federal deficit, and stop fraud, abuse, and waste. It lists five steps:...
- Financial Management: FFMIA Implementation Critical for Federal Accountability: GAO-02-29. // GAO Reports;10/1/2001, p1
Effective management of the government's day-to-day operations has been hampered by a lack of necessary data. The Chief Financial Officers (CFO) Act of 1990 calls for the modernization of federal financial management systems, including the systematic measurement of performance; the development...