Derivatives & Structured Products
- Panelists Discuss Ups and Downs of Muni Derivatives. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p4
Discusses the views of a panel on municipal derivatives at 'The Bond Buyer' periodical's 8th New England Public Finance/Higher Education Finance held in Boston, Massachusetts. Preparation for market anomalies; Increase in the number of municipal derivative deals; Use of Interest-rate swaps;...
- Derivatives Helped by Greater Acceptance, Standard Practices, Experts Say. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p3
The article informs that derivatives have benefited from increased acceptance in the municipal bond market, as well as more standardized practices. The financial incentives for issuers to look at derivatives like interest-rate swaps are strong. An issuer might pay for a swap that hedges against...
- Yield Indexes Mostly Down as Buyers Grab Light Supply. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p6
The article reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 28, 2006. It focuses on the decline of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes. The market experienced some gains, with yields declining by about two basis points. The article presents the...
- South Africa: IRS And FRA Markets Become More Hawkish. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p21
Offers a look at the derivatives market in South Africa. Increase in the 5-year Interest Rate Swap as of July 2006; Projected interest rate hikes from South African Reserve Bank; Expected increase in Consumer Price Index in the country in May 2006.
- Secondary-Market Derivatives Issuance Reaches New Heights. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p5
Reports on the increase in secondary derivatives issuance in the United States during the first half of 2000. Decline in total municipal bond issuance; Influence of stabilized interest rates; Creation of derivative variable-rate demand notes; Most active rating period of Moody's Investors Service.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32182, p6
Provides summary data on derivatives and structured products in the United States for the week leading to July 20, 2005. Bond Market Association municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yields.
- Muni Derivatives Can Survive By Getting Back to Basics. Ruggenburg, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/14/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33182, p30
In this article, the author discusses the restructuring an unwinding activity in the municipal derivatives market, particularly related to synthetic fixed-rate bond structures in the U.S. He contends that the growth in variable-rate tax-exempt bond issuance reflects the equally impressive growth...
- Reports of Rising Inflation and Strong Regional Business Push Yields Higher. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32230, p2
Reports that rising inflation and stronger-than-expected regional business activity have pushed municipal and Treasury yields higher in the U.S. Increase in the core price index for personal consumption expenditures reported by the Department of Commerce; Worry of investors that the Federal Open...
- Municipals Weaken on Treasury Selloff Amid Inflation Concerns. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32219, p2
Reports on the result of the trading in the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of September 16, 2005. Fall of the price index in the municipal bond market; Comments of the traders on the increase in yield for bonds; Prediction of the bond market that inflation concerns would prompt the central...