OPEBs Putting Milwaukee County at Serious Risk, Report Says
- Milwaukee Co. Sets $400M Pension Deal as OPEB Costs Jump. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p3
The article reports that Milwaukee County has prepared its $400 million taxable pension issue for sale in the wake of market losses in Wisconsin. The fund is claimed to generate present-value of roughly $33.5 million over the life of the debt. The county projects a long-term earnings rate of...
- REFORMS OF FINANCING PENSION INSURANCE SYSTEM IN CONDITIONS OF TRANSITION. Stojanović, Aleksandar // Zbornik Radova Ekonomskog Fakulteta u Istocnom Sarajevu;2016, Issue 12, p51
A serious crisis of the pension system has been present in Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as in many other countries for many years. The current system, which functions on the concept of intergenerational solidarity is financially unsustainable, due to negative demographic and economic...
- Cash-Strapped Massachusetts Pares Down Spending in 2003. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p4
Reports the plans to reduce government budget for the year 2003 in Massachusetts. Areas subjected to budget reduction; Role of the House and Senate in the approval of the final budget; Efforts of the House budget in solving the fiscal crisis .
- Hackney pleads for help. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;11/10/2000, p6
Reports that the London Borough of Hackney is waiting to hear if the government will accept its financial recovery plan and help pull it back from the brink of the precipice. Recovery plan drawn up by managing director Max Caller; Hackney's projected budget deficit.
- A tough ascent. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;12/11/2009, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on British Chancellor Alistair Darling's Pre-Budget Report, one by Toney Travers on war, terrorism and financial crisis and on the launch of the inspection website Oneplace.
- Financial Emergency Looms in Florida City. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p38
Reports the city financial emergency in Florida. Difficulty of the committee to sort the financial crisis; Financial deficit of the city; Absence of time frame for the audit completion.
- Ryan: House to Have Solution For Puerto Rico By End of March. Casey, Jack // Bondbuyer.com;12/16/2015, p1
House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said on Wednesday night that he is instructing all House committees that have jurisdiction over Puerto Rico to work with commonwealth officials to come up with a "responsible solution" for their fiscal and debt crises by the end of March.
- The Relationship of Municipal Financial Strain and the Funding of Municipal Pension Plans. Kemp Jr., Robert S.; Overstreet Jr., George A. // Benefits Quarterly;1988 Second Quarter, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p52
Municipalities are experiencing greater and greater financial strain and pension funding problems. This work theoretically and empirically examines the relationship of the pension funding posture of municipalities and municipal operating deficits. Cause and effect of financial strain and pension...
- Lift age pension, says super funds. // Super Review;Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the stand of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustee (AIST) regarding the age pension in Australia. AIST chief executive officer (CEO) Fiona Reynolds emphasized during the Conference of Major Superannuation Funds that the age pension should be increased to...