Checking Off Derivatives
- Oregon's Bruebaker elected president. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30652, p5
Reports on the election of Gary Bruebaker as president of the Government Finance Officers Association. Responsibilities of Bruebaker in the association.
- Buchalter joins GFOA in Washington. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30722, p40
Reports that Alice Buchalter has joined the Government Finance Officers Association as assistant director of the group's federal liaison center.
- Panels May Have Concerns About GASB Derivatives Guidance. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32379, p5
The article reports on the concerns raised by four Government Finance Officers Association committees about the Governmental Accounting Standards Board's issued preliminary views document on accounting and financial reporting guidance for derivatives in New York. The committees had expressed...
- EUDA to fall under Treasury Association's umbrella. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p30
Reports that the End Users of Derivatives Association (EUDA) has merged with the Treasury Management Association. Organization history; Provision of administrative support and larger audience to EUDA; Comments from officials; Total number of organization members; Merger's reflection of changes...
- Dealers presumed innocent? Nusbaum, David // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug95, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the early draft of the `Principles and Practices for Wholesale Financial Market Transactions'. Reaction from the End Users of Derivatives Association (EUDA); Plans for further meetings on the draft; Replacement of mutual agreement between participants with general presumptions of...
- GFOA Offers Guidance on Pensions, Bond Proceeds, Bank Loans. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F341, p1
The article offers information related to the approval of the best practices of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), Washington D.C., related to financial activities. It mentions that the GFOA best practices provide guidance for public finance officials on topics including...
- GFOA CONFERENCE. // American City & County;Apr2015, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p7
The article offers information on the 109th annual conference of the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) that will be held on May 31-June 3, 2015 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- GFOA Initially OK With NABL's Alternative Penalty Proposal. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p5
Focuses on the reaction of Government Finance Officers Association representatives with the revised proposal of the National Association of Bond Lawyers providing alternative penalties to the taxation of bondholders. Violation of tax law with tax-exempt bond issue; Enactment of legislation;...
- NABL, GFOA Release Post-Issuance Compliance Checklist for Issuers. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32694, p6
The article reports on the release of a checklist by two municipal market groups which are aimed at helping bond counsel, issuers and conduit borrowers keep track of the post-issuance compliance matters in Washington. The checklist was developed by the Government Finance Officers Association and...