Maryland's MedStar Health Denies Interest in Purchasing D.C. Hospital
- The look before the leap. Hunter, Wayne; Barry, Joan // Health Facilities Management;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p42
Presents an overview of facility-related assessments that can assist in the evaluation, integration and consolidation process for the successful transition into a multihospital integrated delivery system. Master planning and operational assessment; Facility conditions assessment; Assessment for...
- Not-for-profits going for-profit. Montague, Jim; Pitman, Hilarie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 24, p24
Reports on the rash of mergers and acquisitions among hospitals and health care companies in the United States in 1994. Transformation into for-profit organizations; Number of hospital mergers; Types of companies doing the acquiring; Net losses incurred by private companies; Profitability of...
- Two networks may rule Long Island health care. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;01/27/97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p4
Reports that if two proposed deals are finalized in Long Island, New York, the health care arena will be dominated by two separate hospital systems. Organizations involved in the two deals; Estimated value of the deals; Features of the deals; Combined market share of the combined hospital systems.
- Hospital mergers raise key questions. Kramer, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;9/9/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p0011
The article reports on the increased number of hospital mergers in Michigan, including Spectrum Health acquiring Memorial Medical Center and McLaren Health Care acquiring hospitals in Cheboygan and Petoskey.
- Merger update: Pennsylvania hospitals, doctors form new health network. // Health Facilities Management;Aug95, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the merger of hospitals in Pennsylvania. Agreement between South Broward Hospital District and Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.; Saint Mary's Health Center's partnership with Saint Joseph Hospital; Health Management Associates Inc.'s acquisition of Byerly Hospital.
- Deregulation spurs hospital mergers. // Crain's New York Business;2/7/94, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p20
Makes observations concerning the merger between Union Hospital and St. Barnabas Medical Center following deregulation of the health-care system in 1993 in New Jersey. Other mergers between New Jersey and New York hospitals announced in 1993; Distinction between old and new health-care system;...
- SOUTH. Selvam, Ashok; Kutscher, Beth // Modern Healthcare;4/29/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 17, p22
This section offers south U.S. hospitals news briefs. A total of six hospital of St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in Houston, Texas will be acquired by the Catholic Health Initiatives, which involves a one billion U.S. dollars investment from CHI of Englewood, Colorado. Duke LifePoint...
- Historic hospital in Baltimore to close. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p19
Unveils the decision of MedStar Health of Columbia, Maryland to shut down Baltimore-based Church Hospital. Advantage of the closure for MedStar; Plans of MedStar; Financial result of Church between 1998 and 1999.
- 2000 MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS. // Modern Healthcare;01/08/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p43
Presents information on the mergers and acquisitions of hospitals in the United States in the year 2000. Plan of Triad Hospitals company to acquire Quorum Health Group; Merger of Bayview Hospital and Mental Health System with Paradise Valley Hospital; Acquisition of the clinical operations of...