Steel City's BBB Deal
- S&P Downgrades Bonds for D.C. Charter School Due to Pending Litigation. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p31
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has downgraded the bonds issued by the Distric of Columbia for the Community Academy Public Charter Scool due to B-minus due to pending litigation. Topics discussed include allegations that the school's net operating revenue is being improperly...
- S&P Goes Negative on Texas City After Wyoming Yanks Prisoners. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p4
The article reports that Standard and Poor's placed its BB rating for Littlefield, Texas on negative Credit Watch after Wyoming opted to move prisoners out of a detention center owned by Littlefield. This will affect the outstanding debt from $9.9 million of Series 2001 refunding certificates of...
- Flitch Upgrades NYC GOs. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/2/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32662, p1
The article reports on the upgrade of New York City's general obligation credit rating to AA-minus with a stable outlook from A-plus by Fitch Ratings Inc. The upgrade of Fitch Ratings follows on the heels of Standard & Poor's upgrade to AA with a stable outlook from AA-minus on June 5, 2007. The...
- Fitch Downgrades California GO Bonds to A-Minus. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/26/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 25, p14
The article focuses on the negative outlook particularly an, A-minus credit rating received by California's general obligation bonds from Fitch Ratings Ltd. in San Francisco. The lower rate received by the state is based on the dimension of its financial and economic performance. The negative...
- COLORADO: New LOC Raises Airport Issue. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32734, p9
The article reports on a bond rating given by the Fitch Ratings Ltd. to Denver, Colorado. The credit rating agency has upgraded the city's $49 million airport revenue refunding bonds Series 2002C to AA-plus from AA based on a new letter of credit. The bonds were formerly backed by Societe...
- Manchester, N.H., GOs Downgraded to AA by Fitch. // Bondbuyer.com;11/17/2014, p1
Fitch Ratings said it has downgraded Manchester, N.H.'s $122.5 million general obligation bonds to AA from AA-plus and $58.8 million school facilities revenue bonds to AA-minus from AA.
- Clearfield, Utah, Upgraded to AA by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Fitch Ratings said it has upgraded to AA from AA-minus Clearfield, Utah's $1.2 million sales tax revenue bonds series 2003 and implied general obligation bonds
- Fitch Lowers 3 With Manufacturers & Traders Trust LOCs. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p29
Fitch Ratings Inc. has lowered its ratings on three municipal bond deals worth about $ 23 million that were backed by Manufacturers & Traders Trust Co.-supported letters ofcredit. The issues include California Infrastructure & Economic Development Bank variable-rate demand industrial...
- Fitch Drops $869M of Memphis GOs to AA-Minus from AA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p36
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded the outstanding general obligations bonds of Memphis, Tennessee. Weakening in financial operations of the bonds; Overall debt of the city; Actions taken by Memphis officials to improve interim reporting and long-term planning.