Broward County Fla., to Weigh Refunding, End to 3 Swaptions
- Massachusetts water, transportation agencies mull swaps. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p4
Reports on the call for proposals from swap providers for a refunding of $100 million of outstanding debt each by two Massachusetts agencies. Bond offerings planned by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Federal tax law covering the deal.
- Ohio Wraps Up $121M Refunding With Fixed-Rate Swap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p4
Reports on finalization of a multimillion refunding that included a synthetic fixed rate swap in Ohio. Basis of the rate paid by Morgan Stanley Capital Services Inc.; Ratings assigned to the finalization of bonds refunding by various ratings company.
- With flat rate curve, forward swaps become attractive refinancing tool. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;02/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30332, p33
Focuses on the growing interest in swaps as a tool in refinancing outstanding bonds in the United States. Illinois Sports Facilities Authority's completion of a swap with Goldman Sachs & Co.; Adventist Health West's conduct of a limited competitive selection for an interest-rate swap that...
- Triple-A Gwinnett County, Ga., Readies $63M of Rare GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31473, p4
Focuses on the general obligation refunding deal from Gwinnett County in Atlanta, Georgia. Purpose of the sale; Comments of Becky Harbin, county director of treasury on the sale; Yields anticipated by analysts; Reason for the decline of sales tax collections.
- Cook County, Ill., Readies $215M Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p28
Reports on the preparation of Cook County, Illinois to refund its outstanding general obligation debts. Possibility of decline in municipal market prices following the possible war of U.S. with Iraq; Members of the underwriting team which is involved in refunding the debts; Ratings of the...
- N.Y.C. Sets $1.13B Advance Refunding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p3
Reports on the advance refunding of the general obligation debt in New York City. Increase in bond yields; Estimation of value savings from the refunding; Rate of tax-exempt bonds.
- Washington Adds to Refunding, Pushing Size to $839M. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p24
The article reports on the addition refunding component of general obligation bond sale, pushing 839 million dollar debt in Washington in 2010.
- Ohio Readies $417M GO Refunding to Delay Debt Service. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/18/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33550, p32
The article reports on the 417 million dollars refunding of bonds to balance the two-year budget and delay the near-term debt service payments in Ohio.
- N.Y. State Sees Over $2 Billion Of Refunding Swaps by March. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on anticipation of over two billion dollars synthetic refunding deals in New York, as of August 25, 2003. Speculations surrounding the synthetic refunding deals; Details of state's annual information statement; Swapping plans of the state for fiscal year 2004.