California's $37 Billion Questions
- Mississippi Needs to Improve Bond Use in Building Process, Report Says. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/3/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32188, p36
Explains that the Mississippi state government's construction process for state buildings needs refinement in some areas, including "more appropriate use of bond financing," according to a joint legislative committee report. Questions about how tax-exempt general obligation bond proceeds are...
- New Arena Plan Would Rely on Albuquerque Backing Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p6
Reports on the prospect for Albuquerque, New Mexico to back debt for a new multimillion-dollar arena. Provision of two bond issues through the Finance Authority; Requirement for Albuquerque to make debt payments if the revenue streams fell below projections; View of city officials on the...
- Uruguay: Fiscal Challenges Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p11
Deals with the fiscal challenges to Uruguay in 2005. Status of the US$ Global bond incurred by the country; Influence of the election of President Tabare Vazquez on the economy of the nation; Efforts of the administration of the President to implement crucial fiscal reforms in the country.
- Atlanta sees uptick in borrowing costs; wades through heavy supply. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p28
Reports on two borrowing deals issued by the city of Atlanta, Georgia during the week of November 19, 1998. Value of each transaction; Negative outlook assigned by Standard & Poor's to the city; Pricing of the general obligation bonds; Structure of the certificate of participation refunding deal.
- Argentina: Stalemate On Debt Talks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p11
Deals with the insistent demand of Argentina for a write-down in the face value of its bond debt. Flaws of the proposal; Warning to bond holders.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p33
Presents a chart depicting the changes in the bond transaction of several states in the U.S. as of July 26, 2005.
- New York State Issuers on Pace to Issue $900 Million Less in 2d Quarter Debt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p6
The article reports on the new money debt to be issued by New York state and local government borrowers for the second quarter of 2006. The issuers are to release 900 million dollars less debt than the 4.4 billion dollars of municipal bonds sold for the second quarter of 2005. The month of April...
- Myrtle Beach, S.C., Sells $48M To Buy Up Troubled Hotel Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p3
Reports on the revenue bond deal of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina that will allow it to buy up debt in danger of default that was sold in 2001 to build a convention center hotel. Value of the revenue bond deal; True interest cost of the Series 2004A bonds; Remarks from Elizabeth James,...
- New Mexico to Sell $115M of Higher Ed GOs as Premiums. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p26
The article reports that New Mexico will competitively sell $115.2 million of general obligation (GO) bonds with a final 10-year maturity using a premium price structure. The competitive deal will provide some $94.6 million for construction and renovations at the state's colleges, universities,...