- HM High on Elhi. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/21/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p16
Reports on Houghton Mifflin's (HM) expectation on the sales performance of its elhi segment. Revenue of the company in 2004; Sales performance of the trade and reference group, smallest unit of HM; Increase in sales in the elhi segment.
- Houghton Sales Decline 6.2% In K-12; Dip 3.2% In College Market. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the decline of K-12 sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. in the second quarter of 2004 in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the revenue decline; Increase of college revenue; Plan of the company to improve its K-12 sales performance.
- Lack of Adoptions Drops Sales at HM. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter ended June 30, 2004. Reason for the decrease in the total sales posted by the firm, according to company president Tony Lucki; Rise in college division sales; Decline in net loss.
- HM Trade & Reference Division `On Target.'. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;2/28/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 9, p16
Reports the status of the sales of Houghton Mifflin in the United States in 1999. Amount of its sales; Status of the company in the consumer book industry.
- Sales Up, Loss Down at HM. // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin Co. for the first quarter ended March 31, 2004. Increase in the total revenue of the publishing company; Performance of the company's elhi segment during the quarter; Factors that contribute to the sales of the company; Reason for the...
- Sales Up, Earnings Down at HM. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/29/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Houghton Mifflin in the third quarter ended September 30, 2004. Revenue earned by the company; Decline in sales; Losses incurred.
- In Two Years Since Calif. Adoption, Record Mixed for Firm's History Texts. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;11/4/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p16
The article provides information on the status of a textbook series published by Houghton Mifflin Publishing Co. for California's plan for teaching the social sciences. According to observers, the series would create a new generation of social-studies text book. However, two years after its...
- HM Completes Disappointing year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the profit and sales of Houghton Mifflin in 2000. Increase in total sales of the company in 2000; Net income between 1999 and 2000; Performance of the company's college division; Prospects for 2001.
- Houghton Mifflin K-12 Revenue Increases 8.9% In 2005; College Revenue Grows 3.4%. // Educational Marketer;3/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the increase in revenue of the K-12 Publishing and College Publishing divisions of Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. during the year 2005. The company reported a revenue increase of 8.9 percent from K-12 Publishing and 3.4 percent from college publishing....