Bowker Stat-of-the-Week: Books on Terrorism
- Books About Terrorism Published In Record Numbers. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p1
Reports developments on the publication and sales of books on terrorism in the U.S. Number of books published from year 2000 to 2004; List of bestsellers; Scope on the subtopics of books on terrorism.
- K-12, College Textbooks And Test Sales Rise 3.6% To $8.27 Billion In 2003: AAP. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the increase in the net sales of K-12 and college textbooks and standardized tests in the year 2003 of the book publishing industry in the U.S. Percentage of the sales increase; Total net sales; Total sales of college text books.
- 20 Years Ago Today: The Asian Printing Phenomenon. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;7/31/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 30, pS18
In this article, the author discusses the growth of the printing industry in Asia. The author recalls that Japan was the best-known Asian printing resource in the early 1980s. Over the years, Hong Kong became the center of English-language publishing in Asia. Some factors which contributed to...
- Book Production Shifts Gears. Curwen, Ginger // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, pS1
Discusses issues surrounding book printers and manufacturers. Discussion on the relationship between manufacturers and publishers; Consequences of consolidation in the book trade; Overview of publisher demands; Concerns of manufacturers.
- Ready for the off? Ward, Gareth // Printing World;9/16/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p27
Focuses on the Great Britain-based printing industry organization British Printing Industries Federation (BPIF) as of September 16, 2002. Reorganization of the BPIF; Problems faced by the BPIF; Role played by the BPIF in the printing industry.
- Why do we go East to print? Carter, Alison // Printing World;9/16/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p34
Discusses the competition between Great Britain- and Asia-based printers for British publishers. Cost saving offered by Asian printers; Background on the printing industry in China; Quality and turn-around advantages offered by British printers.
- Printing And Publishing Industry Keeps Growing Locally. Payne, Scott // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/15/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, pB1
Reports on the lack of information on the growth of the printing and publishing industry in West Michigan. Data compiled by the United States Census Bureau on the industry in 1997; Employee statistics for the local industry for 1999; Reasons for the lack of exact data on the industry; Efforts...
- The American point of view. Frank, J.P. // Publishers Weekly;9/22/89, Vol. 236 Issue 12, pS29
Describes US publishers' praise of Asian printing. Factors that influence their decision to use Asian printers; Reduced costs weighed against a variety of factors; Simon & Schuster's use of Tokyo, Japan's, Dai Nippon for high quality, higher cost color work; Toppan Printing; Color separation...
- Printing and Publishing Industry Faces Black Spot. // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the problems faced by the printing and publishing industry in Great Britain in 1999. Explanations from David Walker, senior partner at BKR Haines Watts; Advice on what should be done by printing businesses facing financial difficulties.