Harlequin Sales Increase Offset by Other Costs in Q1
- Harlequin Has Record Year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p12
Presents updates on U.S. publishing firm Harlequin as March 17, 2003. Percentage of revenue increase; Profits in the North American retail market; Profits in its overseas operations.
- Torstar Third Quarter Income Down Amid Heavy Spending On ITI. // Educational Marketer;11/08/99, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p5
Focuses on Torstar's reduced income for the third quarter due to heavy spending on its subsidiary ITI Education's American expansion program.
- Torstar Achieves Strong Growth; Education Sector Profit Lags. // Educational Marketer;03/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the increase in the earnings of Toronto, Ontario-based Torstar Corp. for the year ended December 31, 1999.
- Torstar's CSEP 2Q Sales Up 13.4%, But Profits Still Don't Rebound. // Educational Marketer;09/11/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p6
Discusses the financial performance of Torstar's Children's Supplementary Education Publishing Division for the second quarter of 2000.
- Torstar Cuts Expected Proceeds from CESP Sale in Half. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the proceed expected by Torstar for its Children's Supplementary Education Publishing group. Effect of the lower sale proceeds of Torstar; Factor to which the improved profit performance was attributed; Reason for the decline in the direct marketing group of the company.
- Sales Fall at Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p7
Reports on a decline in sales posted by publisher Harlequin in the second quarter of 2004. Percentage of decline in sales in the U.S.; Factor which had a major contribution to the decline in sales; Prospects for sales for the remainder of the year; Decline in operating profits and revenue.
- Torstar's Book Sales Fall In First-Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;5/10/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p4
Toronto-based publisher Torstar Corp. reported lower profits in its first quarter of 2004 ended March 31, primarily because of weak results in the company's Harlequin book publishing division. Torstar executives noted that a 20.3% increase in its newspaper operating profits was more than offset...
- Harlequin Bounces Back; CSEP Sale Near. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the increase in the operating income and revenues of Harlequin. Reason for the improvement in Harlequin; Percentage of Harlequin's North American retail sales generated by single-title releases; Overall earnings of Torstar Corp., the parent company of Harlequin.
- Harlequin Revenues, Operating Profits Down Nearly 6%. // Book Publishing Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the sales performance of the romance fiction publisher Harlequin Ltd. in the U.S. Revenue drop during the first quarter; Operating profit fell; Slight drop on retail revenues.