Bloomsbury Aggressively Expanding Title List in '06 and Beyond
- SMP to distribute U.S. list of U.K.'s Bloomsbury. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/4/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p18
Reports that the London-based publisher, Bloomsbury, is launching a ten-title list of books in the United States in the fall of 1998. Agreement with St. Martin's Press to handle sales; US operations to be run by Alan Wherry, founding director of Bloomsbury.
- Bloomsbury Grows in U.K., U.S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/4/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 40, p16
Reports on the corporate growth posted by the publishing company Bloomsbury in the U.S. and Great Britain as of October 2004. Percentage of increase in revenue; List of book titles released by the company in the first half of the year; Increase in the number of staff at the children's division...
- Social Sciences & Humanities. // EventDV;May2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 5, p12
The article offers U.S. news briefs as of May/June 2012 on various topics including Retrospective Index to Music Periodicals, expansion of Accessible Archives Inc. and partnership between Bloomsbury Publishing PLC and Publishers Communication Group.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p8
Reports on developments related to the book publishing industry. Plans of Bloomsbury Publishing PLC to impose tough sanctions on booksellers who break the strict sales embargo on 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix'; Random House Deutschland's sale of Berlin Verlag to Arnulf Conradi;...
- FIT TO PRINT. Rapoport, Adam // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar2002, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p106
Reports the publication of Pocket Movie Guides by Bloomsbury in London, England. Titles of films; Highlights of the film-book series.
- Bloomsbury updates Potter plans. // Printing World;3/17/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 11, p42
Reports that Bloomsbury has pledged to print the next "Harry Potter" book on environmentally friendly paper.
- Bloomsbury to Form U.S. Children's Division. Eccleshare, Julia // Publishers Weekly;5/21/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p26
Reports on the opening of an office in New York City by Bloomsbury Children's Books. Objective of the move; Publishing plans for the New York City office.
- Some Nifty Initiatives. // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 8, p60
This article offers a sampling of marketing efforts that are being tested by several publishers in the U.S. Simmone Howell is creating a Web page that will include a video biography, filmmaking information, film favorites and a blog, as well as information on a Bloomsbury contest. A sampler...
- Richard Charkin. Purohit, Sapna Nair // Business Today;7/31/2016, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p114
The article presents an interview with Richard Charkin, the executive director of publishing firm Bloomsbury Publishing PLC, on topics including changes in the publishing business model, the impact of electronic commerce platforms and e-book stores on the sector, and survival of physical stores.