Bonding Bills Aplenty
- Two Down, One Up. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32428, p35
The article reports that Governor Linda Lingle has vetoed two bond-related bills on July 11, 2006.
- HAWAII: PABs May Fund Wave Power. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32812, p9
The article reports on the introduction of bills by the Legislature in Hawaii which would authorize up to $20 million of private-activity bonds for Australian firm Oceanlinx Ltd. Proceeds will help fund the company's plan to use offshore floating turbines to generate electricity. Oceanlinx...
- Hawaii's Lingle Targets Deficit, Proposes More Restructuring. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33241, p24
The article reports on the proposal of Linda Lingle, governor of Hawaii, to reconstitute the state's debt portfolio as part of the project revision proposal which focused on dealing with a continued decline in tax receipts.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33603, p5
The article offers information on the status of various legislations for bond buyer such as the Community Forestry Conservation Act of 2011, Sustainable Water Infrastructure Investment Act of 2011, and Muni Advisors.
- Masters Swimming's First Governor. Groth, Lollie // Swim Magazine;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p22
Features Masters swimmer and Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle.
- Banks, Loans, Hurricane Fund To End Furloughs in Hawaii. // Education Week;6/9/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p4
The article discusses the decision by Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle to end the state's school furloughs for the 2010-2011 school year by taking over $50 million from the state's hurricane relief fund and channeling it to the education system.
- Gov. wants to bottle bill. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the proposal of Hawaii's governor Linda Lingle to the state Legislature to repeal the bottle bill. Expenses involved in the bill; Support of the National Soft Drink Association for Lingle's proposal; Proposal of Lingle to seek state aid for the cleanup programs.
- Civil unions veto prompting talk of Hawaii boycott. // Bay Windows;7/15/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p4
The article offers information on the unrest among the Gay-rights activists due to the Governor of Hawaii, Linda Lingle's veto of legislation to grant civil unions to same-sex couples.
- Hawaii governor vetoes civil union bill. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;7/8/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p2
The article reports that Linda Lingle, Hawaii governor has rejected a civil-union bill on July 6, 2010.