- EQCA PAC backs Westly. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;5/11/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p2
The article reports on the endorsement of Steve Westly for governor by the Equality California Political Action Committee (EQCA PAC) during its meeting in Los Angeles. This will boost Westly, the state controller against Treasurer Phil Angelides for the Democratic nomination in the June 6...
- Political endorsements come in different stripes. Weisman, Joel // Crain's Chicago Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p11
Reports the importance of endorsements in a political campaign in the U.S. Differences in political endorsements; Importance of special situation endorsement on retiring officeholder; Characteristics of endorsements.
- With no nominations or campaigning, how does the Bahï¿½'ï¿½ electoral process work? // One Country;4/1/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
The article offers information on the electoral process used by the worldwide Bahï¿½'ï¿½ community and discusses how it works despite having no nominations or campaign. It cites that the governance system of the community suggests a distinctive alternative through its aspects, such as no...
- Calendar Games. Panagopoulos, Costas // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p57
The article focuses on schedules of presidential selection in the U.S. There was a growth in the duration of general election campaigns between 1976 and 2004. Scholars claimed the quality of campaigns are being deteriorated by front-loading. Democrats are still evaluating options regarding...
- PARTIES, CAMPAIGNS, AND ELECTIONS. // Handy Politics Answer Book;2003, p79
The article discusses the nature of political parties, campaigns, and elections in the U.S. Aside from the fact that political parties perform a variety of functions, they are also involved in nominations and elections. Their responsibilities include recruiting political candidates, as well as...
- The Week. // New Republic;9/22/20, Vol. 24 Issue 303, p79
Comments on the disillusionment of the state of Maine with the Democratic Party. Presence of discontent in the rank and file of the electorate; Influence of the political forces of nominations for the state legislature; Impact of the coal issue on the campaigns of statesmen.
- Democratic Candidate Application Form. Lansky, Doug // Esquire;Dec2003, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p216
Presents a Democratic nomination form for president of the U.S.
- ALIEN VS. PREDATOR. Nelson, Jim // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Oct2004, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p86
Focuses on the Republican National Convention in New York City. Campaign issues that were discussed at the convention; Media coverage of John Kerry's war record.
- Zimbabwe. // New African;Mar2005, Issue 438, p21
The article reports that Zimbabwe goes to the polls again on March 31, 2005 to elect MPs for its 120--member parliament. The main opposition party, MDC, which had threatened to boycott the polls has changed its mind and now says it is participating with a heavy heart and under protest. The...