Garage Bond Sale OK'd
- New Prison Announced in Mat-Su Borough. // Alaska Business Monthly;Nov2006, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the joint venture between the Department of Corrections, the Matanuska-Susitna Borough and the Alaska Housing Finance Corp. for the construction of a prison complex in the Mat-Su Borough, Alaska. The project is expected to create construction jobs and long-term employment...
- Senator's deregulation bill has troubling effective date. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30273, p1
Reports on Senator Frank Murkowski's plans to make his bill proposing changes to the tax code's treatment of public power bonds apply to all sales of power after November 8, 1997. Key points in the proposed legislation; Market participants' reactions to and speculations concerning the bill.
- Budget, Tobacco Bills Signed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32390, p39
The article reports that Governor of Alaska Frank Murkowski has signed a bill that authorizes the state to refinance outstanding bonds secured by revenue coming to the state from the national settlement with tobacco manufacturers. Alaska has already sold $251 million in Northern Tobacco...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Saskal, Rich; Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p57
Presents news concerning the public finance sector in the United States as of May 28, 2004. Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski's call for a special legislative session in June; Ratings of the government bonds of San Francisco, California; Reviews delivered by California's Legislative Analyst's...
- NLC resolution urges eliminating Murkowski bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30286, p1
Presents information on the National league of Cities approval of a resolution terminating legislation by Senator Frank Murkowski. Reasons for this approval; Detailed information on the resolution; Comments from Mike Hernandez, Los Angeles city council member, and others.
- Senator speaks out on mining law reform. Murkowski, Frank H. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Feb94, Vol. 195 Issue 2, p16LL
Features United States Senator Frank H. Murkowski's comments on the mining law reform. National climate for development of mineral resources; Shift in public land policy from `multiple use' to `no use'; Assault of national environmental groups and Congress representatives on the federal Mining...
- Seeking consensus. Warner, Edward // Waste News;07/19/99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the efforts of senator Frank Murkowski to develop a compromise restructuring bill for the electric industry in the United States. Decision to remove the bill out of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee; Importance of restructuring to waste-to-energy producers; Concerns of...
- Reconciliation bill veto? // Wilderness (07366477);Fall95, Vol. 59 Issue 210, p8
Looks at the letter of warning wrote to Senator Frank Murlowski from director of the Office of Management and Budget Alice Rivlin, boosting protection campaign of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Contents of letter; Plans to veto reconciliation bill if it is sent to the president.
- Frank Murkowski. Estes, Deborah // American Gas;Sep97, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p32
Presents an interview with US Senate Energy and Natural Committee chairman Frank Murkowski. Agenda of the Congress on energy issues; Prospects for developing natural gas resources in Alaska; Views on the need ffor electric restructuring legislation; Retail choice programs implemented for...