Hawaii's Preference for Negotiated Deals Becomes a Subject of Debate
- THE $64,000 QUESTION. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p72
Examines the decision of Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley to stop servicing small investors and to focus on higher-networth clients. Implications of handling a large number of accounts; Significance of small investors to financial planning firms; Factors to consider in selecting clients to retain.
- A Little Goes a Long Way. Silver, Larry // On Wall Street;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p82
Criticizes the decision of Merrill Lynch to stop offering services to small investors and to focus on larger clients. Impact on investment advisers; Implications for smaller investors; Effect on the competitors of Merrill.
- Time To Play "You Think You Got It Badï¿½". C. J. C. // High Yield Report;9/15/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p2
The author reflects on the shutdown of the European high yield bond market. She notes that the market will focus on a coming wave of debt issuance stemming from corporate refinancing, which is expected to push spreads than even wider. She argues that investors are demanding an extra yield of...
- Merrill Call-Center Probe: Assessing Possible Impacts. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;10/19/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 201, p7
Reports that the National Association of Securities Dealers is investigating whether brokerage Merrill Lynch & Company's call centers poorly advised some small investors. Criticism of Merrill Lynch & Company for dividing its customers based on how much they had in assets; Suggestion that this...
- As Orange County cools off, Merrill begins to rebound. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p10A
Focuses on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s efforts to regain its one-time top ranking in the California bond market. Bankruptcy in Orange County, California; Lawsuit charged by Irvine Ranch Valley Water District against Merrill Lynch.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p40
Presents a chart depicting the performance of bond market in the U.S. Details on the municipal bond index; Corporate bond indexes of Merrill Lynch; Index values of the total return growth of the market.
- Analysts see little upside in Merrill bonds. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;05/14/98, Vol. 163 Issue 91, p30
Presents information on bond analysts attitudes towards Merrill Lynch & Company, while indicating the performance of the yields of Treasuries and corporate bonds when merger rumors circulate. Comments from Joseph J. Labriola, head of corporate bond research at PaineWebber Incorporated; Reason...
- Munis Weaken as War Talk Rises; Maryland DOT Leads New Issues. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p2
Reports on the performance of bond market on January 29, 2003 in the U.S. Decline in municipal bonds' yield; Decrease in the assets of 137 national retail tax-free money funds; Purchases made by Merril Lynch & Co.
- Treasury Yields Drop, Reflecting Investors' Flight to Quality. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32965, p6
The article reports that short-term yields in the U.S. Treasury market have plunged noticeably lower, as a result of a massive flight to quality, while tax-free money market yields have increased dramatically as skittish investors seek out the safest possible investments to protect themselves...