Muni Groups Continue to Wait On Tax Reconciliation Conference
- Lawmakers Introduce Bush Plan. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p1
Reports on legislation related to taxation introduced by republicans in both U.S. House of Representatives and Senate on February 27, 2003. Issues addressed in the legislation; Provisions of the legislation; Legislators' opinion about the legislation.
- Congress Day by Day. // Congressional Digest;Mar1924, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p189
This article presents a daily records of proceedings on the floor of the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House during February 14, 1924-March 12, 1924. On February 15, the Senate met in executive session and the House resumed consideration in Committee of the Whole of the tax reduction bill. On...
- Agency Sale Tax Provision Must Be Repealed. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/7/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p30
Reports that bills are to be introduced in both the United States House and Senate to repeal an enacted tax provision which if approved could cut the sale value of agencies. Scope of the enacted tax provision; Purpose of the Congress for passing the provision.
- Capital Equipment Incentives Belong In Bush's Final Tax Bill. DiMuzio, David A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p29
Focuses on the taxation bills introduced by the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate in May 2003. Passage of a federal tax reduction bill by the House of Representatives; Reactions to the proposed elimination of double taxation on corporate profits; Provisions of the bills.
- House Extends Child Tax Credit. Vaughan, Martin; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;5/22/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p1658
Reports on the approval of legislation making the increase in child tax credit permanent and expanding the credit by the U.S. House on May 20, 2004. Amount of the increase in child tax credit; Details of income-eligibility thresholds to be raised by the bill; Expectations of the U.S. Senate...
- Tax Reconciliation Package Battle Continues. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Congress is likely to pick members of a conference committee to settle differences between Senate and the House tax reconciliation bills. The Senate version of the tax reconciliation legislation includes pooled bonds restrictions and a broker-dealer reporting...
- State Taxation of National Banks. // Banking;Jan70, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p26
Reports on the passing of H.R. 7491 state taxation bill in July 1969 by the House of Representatives of the U.S. Policy of the House bill; Information on the amended version of the bill passed by the U.S. Senate in November 21, 1969; Details on the subsection added to section 5219.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;12/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32281, p6
A list of legislations in the U.S. related to bonds buying and their status is presented. The HR 3768: Hurricane Katrina Tax Relief Act of 2005 has been approved by the U.S. Senate to include only the waiver of the first-time homebuyer requirement and the increase in the repair loan limit to...
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Expansion Promotes Flexibility. Borichevsky, Amanda // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q4, p1
This article focuses on the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006 passed in the U.S. House and Senate. The law includes tax provisions that promote flexibility of Health Savings Accounts (HSA). It also repeals annual deductible limitation on contributions. It also provides opportunity for...