Jobless Claims Rise 5,000 to 322,000
- Initial Jobless Claims Up 14,000 to 344,000 in Week Ended April 26. // Bond Buyer;5/2/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F317, p1
The article reports increase in initial unemployment claims in the U.S. by 14,000 making it 344,000 and six percent increase in unadjusted claims as of April 26, 2014, and mentions that the U.S. Labor Department revealed no special factors for the increase.
- Initial Jobless Claims Grow 12,000 to 290,000 in Week Ended Nov. 8. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
Initial claims for U.S. state unemployment benefits rose by 12,000 to 290,000 in the November 8 week, as seasonal factors expected a smaller unadjusted rise in the week than actually occurred, the Labor Department reported Thursday.
- Jobless Claims Up 5,000 To 309,000 in Week. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p2
The article reports on the rise of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the week ended March 11, 2006, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Jobless Claims Dip 10,000 To 450,000 in Aug. 9 Week. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32941, p2
The article reports on the decline of initial claims for state unemployment benefits in the August 9, 2008 week, according to the Labor Department in the U.S. According to a Labor Department analyst, it is not possible to determine whether the impact has reached a plateau. The seasonal...
- US Jobless Claims -12,000 to 350,000 in October 19 Week. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F342, p1
The article reports on the fall of initial claims for U.S. state unemployment benefits to 12,000 from 350,000 in the October 19, 2013 week, as reported by the U.S. Labor Department. A Labor Department analyst has stated that California is still experiencing a high number of claims due to a...
- Initial Jobless Claims Dip 6,000 to 312,000 in Week Ended June 14. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;6/20/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F324, p1
Statistics are given on the number of initial jobless claims revealed by the U.S Department of Labor and information provider Thomson Reuters as of June 14, 2014 including decrease of 6,000 initial claims, number of continuing claims and decline in four-week average of initial claims.
- Jobless Claims Drop 9,000 to 353,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31869, p2
Focuses on the decrease in applications for state unemployment benefits according to data released by the U.S. Department of Labor. Difference in the state unemployment benefits; Prediction of the IFR BondData America's poll of economists; Indication for decreased applications.
- Jobless Claims Drop 25,000 to 315,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p2
Reports on the decrease in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits, according to the United States Department of Labor. Seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate; Comparison of jobless claims between 2004 and 2002.
- Jobless Claims Up 18,000 To 366,000 in July 12 Week. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32921, p2
The article focuses on a report of the U.S. Labor Department which confirms that initial claims for state unemployment benefits have increased 18,000 to 366,000 in the second week of July 2008. In an international survey, the week's increase has fallen below the forecast expectations, which had...