New View on Texas' Signed-Bid Rule to Ease Competitive Sales
- Chelsea, Mass,to Float $13 Million Today In Competitive Sale of Bonds and Bans. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32278, p32
The article reports on the sale of $13 million of general obligation bonds and notes today by Chelsea, Massachusetts to fund various capital projects within the city. The bonds and notes will be on sale through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system, as well as by means of phoned and faxed...
- New Mexico awash in flurry of bond activity. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30337, p28
Reports on the passage of several bond-related bills by the New Mexico Legislature in February 1998 which could impact the state's bond market significantly. Approval of a $1.2 billion highway bonding project backed by future federal highway funds; Effect of the bills on a $140 million new...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p31
Presents news items related to trends in the bond market in various parts of the United States. U.S. Administration's approval of a bill that would send up to $ 55 million in oil royalties to the general fund; Voluntary reduction of the salaries of various state officials, legislators, and...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31510, p35
Presents that status of various laws and legislations related to bonds in the U.S. Existing laws as of November 2002; Proposed Law; Ongoing discussions on these laws in legislative houses of the country.
- TBMA Pushes for Private-Activity Bond Volume Cap Legislation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30951, p5
Reports on the Bond Market Association's promotion of legislation that would boost the private-activity bond volume cap by 50 percent in 2001 in the United States. Action of the U.S. Congress on tax-credit bonds; Other bond-related proposals.
- TBMA pushes school construction measure. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p6
Reports that the Bond Market Association is asking Senators to back a school-construction private activity bond bill in the United States. Creation of a separate category of private-activity bonds for school construction.
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33481, p7
The article presents the top 10 stories at www.bondbuyer.com including the decline of the U.S. municipal bond market, imposition of fine to Southwest Securities Inc., and the introduction of a bill that will reinstate Build America Bonds.
- Trading Sluggish as Participants Hold Out for Election Results. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32003, p2
The article discusses about the effect of presidential election on the municipal bond market. The municipal bond market finished a touch weaker in sluggish trading, as participants mostly sat on their hands awaiting the results of the presidential election. When bonds did change hands, prices...
- Municipal Bond Prices . // Bond Buyer;10/25/2001, Vol. 388 Issue 31251, p39
Presents statistics of municipal bond prices of U.S. bond market as of October 25, 2001. Evaluation of bond prices by municipal bond dealer-to-dealer brokers; Calculation of change in bid; Details of bid in the field of education; Other bids with bond prices in different fields.