- Blue List's indicator value Wanes as funds begin listing holdings. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;10/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30751, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp.'s daily list of dealer offerings may be losing value as a barometer of market inventories in the United States. Effects of liquidity on the municipal bond market; Market participants' concerns when the Blue List exceeds 1.5 billion dollars.
- Pension, OPEB liabilities Put Ratings At Risk, Standard & Poor's Warns. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p5
The article presents information on the report published by Standard & Poor's Corp. regarding the unfunded pension liabilities that could threaten the creditworthiness in the bond issuance of several transportation sector in the United States. This includes transit authorities, airports and...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p6
Presents a calendar of events that lists activities related to municipal bonds in the U.S. Hold of the 2004 Higher Education Roundtable of Standard & Poor's Corp.; Conduct of a "Lunch & Learn on Business Continuity Planning by the Bond Market Associations; Hold of a workshop by the National...
- TBMA Asks S&P to Do Narrative-Based Derivative Analyses. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p32
The article reports on the encouragement of the Bond Market Association to let Standard & Poor's Corp. to eliminate the numeric scoring system for its Debt Derivative Profile program and to move to narrative-based analysis of issuers' derivatives exposures. The program has been used by the...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p6
A calendar of municipal bond activities in the U.S. from January to March 2007 is presented. The National Federation of Municipal analysts will hold an advanced seminar on real estate-backed bonds in January 25-26. The Council of Development Finance Agencies will hold its Advanced Bond Finance...
- Reedy Creek District On S&P CreditWatch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p4
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's has placed the ad valorem tax-backed bonds and the utility revenue bonds of the Reedy Creek Improvement District in Florida on its CreditWatch list. Rationale behind the step taken by the rating agency; Impact of Reedy Creek determination on its...
- Finding Safety: As Recession Descends, High-Rated Debt Is Best. Yacoe, Don // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p22
Questions the safety of Pennsylvania municipal bonds in the event of an economic recession in the U.S. Advantages of opting for insured debt; Factors that could worry bondholders; Debt ratings of the state according to the financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P puts Tulsa county criminal agency on CreditWatch; negative implications. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p7
States that Standard & Poor's has placed the Tulsa County, Oklahoma Criminal Justice Authority's sales tax-backed bonds on CreditWatch with negative implications. Court ruling that jail trust agency was created under an improperly used statute; County's indication of intent to repay debt.
- S&P to Bid Adieu to Blue List. Fine, Jacob; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p1
Reports that Standard and Poor's plans to stop publishing the 'Blue List' municipal bonds publication on August 17, 2001. Background on the journal's coverage of the municipal bond market in the United States.