Lebenthal FAs Join Recent Exodus From Parent Merrill Lynch
- MONY Unit Advest to Purchase Lebenthal. Friedman, Amy // American Banker;10/10/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 194, p16
Reports that Advest Group Inc. has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Lebenthal and Co., a company best known for selling municipal bonds.
- Merrill Lynch nabs UBS St. Thomas office, two financial advisors. Carmona, José L. // Caribbean Business;5/7/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p8
The article provides updates concerning Merrill Lynch & Co. It reveals that the company has added two financial advisors from UBS AG and acquired the company's location in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, which is brought by the decline of USB's operations. In addition, Merrill Lynch plans to recruit...
- Merrill Flexes Its Muscle. Nash, Jeff // Money;Mar2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p52
Discusses the brokerage stock in Merrill Lynch as of March 1, 2001. How online brokerages lost tremendous amounts of market value in 2000; Range of products offered by Merrill Lynch, including mortgages and corporate finance; Diversity of Merrill Lynch; Outlook.
- Merrill FCs to Become 'FAs.' Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Mar2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the move of the company Merrill Lynch to change the job title of its financial consultants to financial advisors. Reason behind the move; Change in the company's branch system from national sales division to advisory division.
- Disengaged Inheritors. // On Wall Street;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p54
Features Donna Di Ianni, a financial advisor at Merrill Lynch. Career in the financial services industry; Her approach in financial management; Views on investing.
- Deal Masters. // On Wall Street;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p56
Features Louis J. Chiavacci, a financial advisor at Merrill Lynch. Strategies in attracting clients; Views on financial planning and management; Perception on median age for clients.
- After Delays, Northampton County, Pa., Expected to Pay Adviser. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/28/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31999, p6
The article presents information that Northampton County, Pennsylvania, Controller John Schimmel said in a report released Tuesday that the county should pay Concord Public Financial Advisors $40,000 for work the Reading, Pennsylvania-based firm did on a swaption executed in June with Merrill...
- Take This Job and... Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p64
Focuses on the unappreciative feelings felt by brokers in the financial services industry. Problems faced by the industry; Actions to be taken regarding the policies in the industry; Views of former Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. President Don Reagan on old brokers.
- Cold Calling in a Cold World. Brooker, Katrina // Fortune;7/5/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the June 1999 announcement by Merrill Lynch for plans to offer $29.95 trades online. Effect of the Internet on the financial services industry; Reaction from the firm's brokers to the idea of online trading.