Washington Appeals Ruling Entitling Tribes to Gas Tax Refunds
- To speed your tax refund avoid common mistakes. Urbach, Michael H. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/01/99-03/08/99, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p38
Recommends strategies for filing tax returns to facilitate the processing of tax refunds in New York state. Emphasis on filing early; Suggestion of using electronic filing; Consideration of direct deposit payments; Areas of filing mistakes to examine.
- CA-4 upholds refund under three-year rule. // Practical Accountant;Mar95, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the ruling of the US Tax Court concerning a taxpayer who filed his return beyond the deadline along with a claim for refund. Notice of deficiency from the Internal Revenue Service; Authority of the Tax Court to determine an overpayment; Two and three-year look-back rule.
- Late return reminder. Gray, Michael // Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight;Mar2012, p10
The article announces that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released a reminder that the last day to file a late income tax return for 2008 and receive a refund is April 17, 2012.
- Claim refund for 2006 returns or IRS will snag it. P., Shankar // njbiz;3/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p2
The article reports that in order for the tax payers of New Jersey to claim refunds from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, they need to file their annual returns by April 15, 2010.
- Lessons to Live By. SLOAN, CHUCK // Back Stage (19305966);1/5/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p17
The article presents suggestions on filing tax returns.
- wait at least 25 days. // California CPA;May2012, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p6
The article advises Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) to tell their clients to wait for 25 working days if they have not received their direct deposit refund before they call the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) agent for verification of their tax return filing.
- How to Get Extra Tax Refunds This April...with Amended Returns. // Clergy Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p30
Provides suggestions on how to maximize tax refunds when filing income tax returns in the U.S. Common reasons for filing an amended tax return; Necessity of updating income tax returns; Information on how to locate income tax return filing errors.
- Home Loans Lead To Tax Help Leads To Awareness. Diekmann, Frank J. // Credit Union Journal;7/24/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p15
The article focuses on the strategy of CoVantage Credit Union to provide service to the Native-American community in San Francisco, California. CoVantage is active in the Internal Revenue Service's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), through which the entire tax refund goes to the taxpayer....
- Bad Debt, Good News: Finance Company Entitled to Michigan Sales Tax Refund. Wilson, Rachel A. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q4, p1
The article reports that Daimler Chrysler Services of North America LLC is entitled to sales tax refund, according to the ruling of the Michigan Court of Appeals. The details of the case Daimler Chrysler Services of North America LLC versus Michigan Department of Treasury are provided. The...