Proposed Tax Cuts in Arizona Put Revenue Sharing At Risk
- Maryland May Postpone a Tax Cut In an Effort to Balance Its Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p43
Reports on the possible postponement of the final installment of an income tax reduction in Maryland's budget. Factors that influenced the postponement decision.
- The Netherlands. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Oct87, Vol. 100 Issue 1130, p54
Reports on the plan of the Dutch government to reduce income tax in 1998 by lowering the tax rate in the bottom tax bracket.
- Study: Killing Massachusetts' Income Tax Could Boost Borrowing Costs. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32986, p3
The article reports that borrowing costs in Massachusetts' could increase by five to 10 basis points of credit rating agencies downgrade the commonwealth in response to a potential elimination of the state's income tax. It states that voters will decide on November 4, 2008 whether to keep the...
- Senate Tax Bill Requires CEOs to Sign Federal Corporate Income Tax Returns. Krupsky, Kenneth J. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q2, p1
The article focuses on the approval of the S 1054, a Senate version of the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Bill of 2003, by the U.S. Senate which provides net Federal income tax reductions of $350 billion. The legislation excludes 50 percent of dividend income of individual taxpayers...
- Probable Course: No Cut. // Time;3/30/1953, Vol. 61 Issue 13, p17
The article reports on the decision of Republican Representative Daniel Alden Reed of New York not to introduce his tax-cutting bill to the U.S. House of Representatives without the approval of the Rules Committee in 1953. Under the bill, there will be a 10 percent reduction in individual income...
- THE KEMP CUT. // National Review Bulletin;5/5/1978, Vol. 30 Issue 18, pB60
The article focuses on a legislative bill related to tax cuts in the United States. The Kemp-Roth bill is based on the assumption that people have to pay high taxes because of inflation. According to Representative Jack Kemp, the bill includes a 30% cut in personal income tax over three years...
- Governor's Tax Cuts on Fast Track in New Mexico. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p28
Reports on the possibility of the legislative approval of bills for tax cuts proposed by New Mexico governor Bill Richardson as of February 2003. Benefits of tax cuts to the state; Details of the bills; Reaction of Democrats to the bill.
- Examining Bush's Latest Tax Proposal. Lathrop, Steven J. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar2003, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p60
Examines the tax cut proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush which was approved by the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act (EGTRRA) for a period of 10 years beginning 2001. Contents of both individual and corporate tax cuts in the proposal; Acceleration of the rate cuts...
- Tax rates fall. // BRW;7/1/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p27
Presents data concerning tax cuts and average rates of personal income tax in Australia from 1984 through 2008. Tendency of average rates to fall in recessions; Combined effects of tax cuts.