AFGI Urges Puerto Rico To Close Gap
- Structured Finance Profitability Falls 26%. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p6
Reports on the decline of profitability for bond insurers in the U.S. structured finance. Activity of credit enhancers; Competition among insurers.
- Alabama County's $650M of Warrants Highlight Short Calendar. Albano, Christine; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p6
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama, plans to price $650 million of fixed-rate limited obligation school warrants in a transaction that was postponed last week and is no longer expected to carry bond insurance. It will be the largest offering to brave the holiday-abbreviated week,...
- Puerto Rico bond selloff hits home. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;9/19/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p2
The article reports on the downturn in the bond market of Puerto Rico. It notes that the country's bonds took a hit in value as some stateside money managers sold off bonds at losses, along with increased media coverage about the nation's $70-billion debt load and declining economy. It adds that...
- Munis Mixed as Traders Await New Supply. Weitzman, Aaron; Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;8/3/2015, p1
Prices of top-shelf municipal bonds finished mixed on Monday as traders prepared for the week's upcoming new issuance, topped by sales from the state of Minnesota, a green bond deal in Washington state and a tax-exempt and taxable offering from the state of Connecticut.
- Market Close: No Sector Differentiation, At Least For Now. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;8/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34166, p1
The article discusses the U.S. municipal bond market conditions for the week ended on the August 23, 2014. Topics discussed include reduced cash inflows in the municipal market impact of Washington Health Care Facilities Authority deal on the market, an the economic condition of healthcare...
- Wall St. Optimistic Over RossellÃ³ Election. SCHOENE ROURA, PHILIPE // Caribbean Business;11/17/2016, Vol. 2 Issue 45, p7
The article reports on the bond sector's optimism on the election of Ricardo RossellÃ³ as governor of Puerto Rico. Topics discussed include the territory's debt restructuring philosophy, Ambac Assurance Corp. chief executive officer (CEO) Nader Tavakoli's claim that Puerto Rico will benefit...
- Puerto Rico is insolvent. Vitale, Fred // Michigan Citizen;2/23/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 16, pA5
The article reports of the economic status of Puerto Rico, with particular focus on the possibility of recession, unemployment status, and bond payments of the government.
- Market Post: Munis Grind Higher as New Issues Well Received. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;10/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34004, p1
The article reports that the condition of the U.S. tax-exempt bond market has improved as new bond issues have been well received and bonds traded higher in the U.S. secondary market. It informs that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority of New York has traded bonds priced at plus 80 basis...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;5/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32129, p32
The article presents information about derivatives and structured products. It presents the Bond Market Association Municipal swap index. It presents index-linked muni swaps. It also informs about swap rates and bond yields.