MTA Picks Vice Chair
- It's all about our infrastructure. Kessel, Richard // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/14/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 13, p14A
The author reflects on the plan of Elliot Sander, chief executive officer (CEO) of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), to upgrade the infrastructure system in New York. He asserts that the $30 million proposed budget for the state's subways and buses service spending is critical to...
- N.Y. MTA's Spiraling Debt Costs Are a Time Bomb: Finance Chief. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p3
The article reports that finance committee chairman Andrew Saul of New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has said that the rising debt of the authority is like a time bomb which could spiral up to 36 billion dollars by 2015.
- Bus to connect S.I. with New Jersey. Engquist, Erik // Crain's New York Business;7/23/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p15
The article reports that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of New York has accepted the long pending request of the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce to run buses over the Bayonne Bridge to New Jersey. Recently, MTA announced that its New York City Transit division will operate...
- Bus route cuts halted. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;6/26/95, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p42
Reports that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority of New York City, dropped the elimination of express bus service in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens from its board's agenda.
- Training MTA managers is an inside job. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce (10928332);Feb98, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p66
Focuses on the personnel management strategies at the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) which received the 1997 Workforce Magazine Optimas Award for Partnership. Assessment of the need for better managers; Standards expected of trainees under the MTA's Future Managers...
- Gregory's pursuit of knowledge keeps MTA career moving forward. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;4/15/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p56
Profiles executive director Lauren M. Gregory of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority in New York, New York. Accomplishments of Gregory; Educational background; Career history of Gregory.
- The MTA travels far with its future managers program. Walter, Kate // Personnel Journal;Mar95, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p68
Describes the management training in New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Selection of trainees; Importance of visibility; Classroom training; Example of job-rotation assignments; Role of support and feedback in developing managers; Mentor-participant contract; Management...
- TRUE GRIT. Pasquarelli, Adrianne // Crain's New York Business;10/26/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p12
The article presents information on the efforts of Preston Kirk, the operations manager at Metro-North Railroad in keeping the trains clean and ready for commuters. Kirk says that leaves get trapped in the coils are regularly cleaned so that the trains are not overheated. Kirk, who joined...
- MTA Board Wants N.Y. State to Waive Bond Fees. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/16/2014, Issue 34227, p1
New York MTA board members called on the state to waive fees on new money bonds, which could cost the MTA $22.5 million in calendar 2015.