THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.
- Muni groups ask Senate panel to reject public power bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p4
Reports on a concerted among municipal groups to pressure the US Congress into rejecting a proposed legislation that would put in danger the tax-exempt status of bonds issued for projects that compete in a deregulated electricity market. Provisions under bill introduced by Senator Frank...
- New Bill Would Allow Tax-Exempt Financing for Gas Contracts. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31119, p3
Reports on the introduction of legislation that would retroactively allow tax-exempt bonds to be issued for prepaid natural gas contracts. Senators who introduced the legislative bill; Broad energy package introduced in February 2001 by Senator Frank Murkowski.
- Tax-Exempt Bonds Closing Agreement Program. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the United States Internal Revenue Service's creation of a voluntary closing agreement program for tax-exempt bonds discussed in 'Notice 2001-60.' Opportunity for bond issuers and conduit borrowers to correct violations of the tax law and regulations on tax-exempt bonds; Contact...
- Uniform audits ahead? Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p1
Reports on the uniformity in the tax-exempt bond enforcement program of the United States government. Maturity of the regulation of municipal bonds; Growth of intermediate sanctions regime.
- Clinton's looming veto jeopardizes bond programs in Republican tax cut bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p5
Reports on the spate of tax-exempt bond proposals in the United States Congress' $792 billion tax bill. Negotiation of a tax deal; Provisions of the appropriations bill in the US Congress.
- Va. Senate Panel OKs $1.4B in Higher Ed Bond Package. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;
Reports on possible approval of a legislation that authorizes the issuance of multibillion dollar tax-exempt debt as a part of higher education project in Virginia. Possibility of non-issuance of general obligation debt; Outline of the proposed budget for the fiscal 2003-2004.
- Louisiana Lawmakers OK Measure For Emergency Insurance Issuance. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p5
The Louisiana Legislature adjourned June 23, 2003, and one of the debt-related bills passed during the session is expected to allow tax-exempt bonds to be issued to pay insurance claims filed by homeowners victimized by catastrophic storms. Passed last week, the bill calls for the creation of...
- Senate Passes Bill to Help American Samoa's Bonds. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p4
Reports on the U.S. Senate Finance Committee's approval of a bill that would make American Samoa's tax-exempt bonds more attractive to investors. Key provisions of the legislation.