Ohio's Largest-Ever Port Authority Deal Set, Following Settlement
- Port of Seattle Commissioners Sign Off on $375 Million Airport Project. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/29/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30923, p4
Reports that the commissioners of the Port of Seattle in Washington have approved a project to expand Concourse A at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Amounts and dates of bond issues for the project; Names of underwriters; Total project cost.
- Insured Sale Set for Port Of Oakland. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p1
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds for the Port of Oakland to retail investors and institutional investors in negotiated deal in California. Value of the revenue bonds; Approval of the deal by the port's board of commissioners; Uses of funds from the sale.
- Alabama Port Settles Zero-Coupon Audit. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p1
Reports that Marengo County, Alabama Port Authority has paid an undisclosed amount of money to reach a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service that keeps its allegedly abusive zero-coupon bond deal tax-exempt. Reasons for the settlement; Refusal of the Bermuda Insurance Trust to turn any...
- Summit County Port Authority Is Planning a Major Flood of Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/16/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33665, p8
The article offers information on the Summit County Port Authority's plan to significantly ramp up its bond financing.
- Deadline extended for Marengo, Ala., tender offer. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/30/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30609, p3
Reports on the extension of a tender offer to purchase bonds issued in 1989 by the Marengo County, Alabama, Port Authority to April 9, 1999. Caribou Capital's establishment of the Marengo Resolution Trust Acquisition Co.; Legal battle between the authority and International Guaranty Fund Ltd.
- Port Authority of N.Y., N.J. Readies $300M Deal to Fund Renovations. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32485, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to competitively sell $300 million of fixed-rate revenue debt on October 18, 2006. The sale will finance the authority's several major capital projects for 2006 capital plan budget worth $1.88 billion. These...
- Port of San Francisco Granted New Bonding Authority. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p36
Reports on the grant of new bonding powers to the Port of San Francisco under legislation that has been approved by the California Legislature. Aim of the new law to allow the port to use redevelopment-style financing without going through a development agency; Significance of the law to the...
- Alabama Authority wants access to trust to pay IRS. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p1
Focuses on the Marengo County, Alabama, Port Authority's desire to gain access to a bond insurance trust fund that could help the authority settle claims by the United States Internal Revenue Service that its 1989 bond issue is taxable.
- Dayton-Area Authority Expected To Approve Deal for DHL Airport. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p3
Reports on the plan of the Dayton-Montgomery County, Ohio, Port Authority to approve a resolution to issue multimillion-dollar tax-exempt bonds that will enable DHL to expand its airport operations in Clinton County. Terms of the deal; Statement of Michael DiPerna of Robert W. Baird Public...