Employment Costs Rose 0.6% in 1Q
- The rich, the not-so-rich and the green-eyed monster. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;May2007, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p46
The author reflects on the social issues concerning the financial status of most Kiwis in New Zealand. The author stresses on the existing problems in the country on social inequalities in which the labor government has failed to address. He describes the financial status of the people where the...
- Employment Cost Index, benefits, private industry workers by occupation and industry group. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov91, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p132
Presents data on the Employment Cost Index, benefits of private industry workers, by occupation and industry group in the U.S., from 1989 to 1991. White-collar workers; Blue-collar workers; Goods-producing; Service-producing; Manufacturing and non-manufacturing.
- Employment Cost Index Technical Note. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Winter2000, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p45
Provides information on the Employment Cost Index (ECI) in the United States. Functions of the ECI; Employee benefits covered by the cost index; Sectors of the economy which benefits from the ECI data; Use of fixed employment weights in calculating aggregate indexes.
- Employee Benefits: Imagination Unlimited. Foegen, J. H. // Labor Law Journal;Jan78, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p37
This article considers the range of employee fringe benefits offered by different industries in the U.S. in 1978. According to the latest Chamber of Commerce survey, the national average for benefits is 35 percent of payroll, 193.2 cents per payroll-hour, or $3,984 a year per employee....
- FRINGE BENEFITS Proper Treatment for 2004. Busby, Dan // Clergy Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the treatment of fringe benefits in the United States in 2004. Provider of fringe benefits; Recipient of fringe benefits; Taxation of fringe benefits.
- Ethics, Privilege and Related Issues in Employee Benefits Practice. Birschel, Dee // Benefits Quarterly;2004 Third Quarter, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p84
This section presents an abstract of the article Ethics, Privilege and Related Issues in Employee Benefits Practice, which appeared in the spring 2004 issue of the Journal of Deferred Compensation.
- Employee Benefits Spark RIMS Conference Agenda. Johnson, Tom // Risk Management (00355593);Dec87, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p72
This article reports on the annual conference of the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS), held in Las Vegas, Nevada in April 1986. During the conference, RIMS allegedly made improvements in positioning employee benefits as a valid risk management concern. According to RIMS associate...
- Auditing the Employee Benefits Program. Sutton-Bell, Nancy; Todd, Jerry D. // Benefits Quarterly;1989 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p51
A systematic approach is developed for analyzing and evaluating employee benefit plans, specifically the benefits and costs of employer-sponsored medical. disability, life and pension plans. Survey forms are presented to emphasize a concise set of evaluative factors for maximizing...
- The Case of Confused Application. Wolk, Stuart R. // Labor Law Journal;Nov66, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p694
This article highlights the application of the new fringe benefit regulations under the Davis-Bacon Act in the U.S. as of 1966. Concerted efforts were made to further delineate and enlarge the scope of work covered and the class of labor to be benefited thereby. Problems did and still do...