Firm Tone Follows Buying on Bernanke Remarks
- Weekly Reporters Post $639M of Net Inflows. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32623, p6
The article reports on the $639 million net inflow of the weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds for the period ending in May 2, 2007 in the U.S. The reported net inflow is up from $602 million that was reported in the previous week and AMG Data Services says that it represents the 41st...
- A Firmer Close to a Middling Week in Munis. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p2
The article reports on the strong performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of the week which ended on February 17, 2006. Investors dismissed stronger-than-expected wholesale inflation data. They were also relieved after the first public testimony of Federal Reserve Board chairman...
- Demand for Some Bonds Falls Off; Diversity Becomes an Issue. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;4/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33090, p7
The article reports on the decline in the municipal issuance in the U.S. due to the composition of bonds entering the market which makes it harder for some investors to diversity their products. It is stated that this blurs a significant trend in the municipal landscape where demand is strong...
- WEDNESDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32528, p1
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of December 13, 2006. The municipal market was weaker by three or four basis points which could be attributed to the attitude of investors toward the Christmas season and the end of the fiscal year. However, yields...
- Municipal Bonds, Treasuries Drop; New-Issue Supply Weighs on Market. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Decline of municipal bonds; Amount of unsold general obligation bonds; Increase in the number of tax-free money market funds.
- Municipal Bond Prices Tracking Narrow Ranges Ahead of Deals. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p2
Focuses on highlights of municipal bond market trading on February 12, 2001, in the United States. Erosion of government bond prices; Rise in money-market fund holdings; Improvement of long-term municipal bond-fund flows.
- Bernanke: Some Signs of Improvement in Credit Conditions. Ackerman, Andrew; Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/19/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33007, p4
The article reports on the signs of improvement in recent U.S. credit condition, according to Federal Reserve Board chairman Ben S. Bernanke. He observed that interbank short-term funding rates have fallen notably since mid-October and a greater stability is seen in money market mutual funds and...
- Munis Unchanged Despite Bernanke Remarks. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/4/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32705, p2
The article provides updates concerning the municipal bond market yield for September 2007. On September 31, the market was largely unchanged with little discernible reaction to comments by Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke, in which according to him, the central bank will act as needed to...
- Trading Sporadic in Face of Distractions. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;8/29/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33573, p2
The article reports on irregular bond trading in the U.S. municipal market wherein traders expect a solution from Federal Reserve Board chairman Ben Bernanke.