Next-Generation Small Arms
- What Have I Got? Part 2. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jan2008, Issue 662, p18
The article provides information on the different models of the military weapons in the U.S. The M5 adapter rail system (ARS) replaces the round hand guards for the M16A4, while the M4 ARS replaces the round hand guards for the M4/M4A1. It is inferred that the ARS and the back-up iron sight will...
- Assault Rifles. Donaldson, Peter // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p68
The article focuses on the design evolution of assault rifles and the attention given to ergonomics. It states that a typical assault rifle's design include longer barreled sharpshooter, standard infantry rifle, and with intended Special Forces' compact version however, new designs use bullpup...
- BAG SEALS OUT SAND. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Apr2004, Issue 617, p16
Focuses on the maintenance of M16-series rifle and M4/M4A1 carbine. Protection against dust, sand, mud and water.
- Weapons systems. // Soldiers;Jan2009, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p30
The article presents information on several U.S. weapons systems. The M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) weighs 16.5 pounds and fires 5.56 millimeter rounds at a rate of up to 750 per minute. The M-4 carbine is a compact version of the M-16A2 rifle, which allows soldiers to shoot effectively in...
- M16-Series Rifle, M4/M4A1 Carbine... ... CATCH LOOSE BARRELS AND MOUNTING RAILS! Venson, Erwin // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Feb2016, Issue 759, p40
This section offers tips on securing the mounting rail and checking for loose barrels in M16-Series rifle and M4/M4A1 carbine.
- Assault Rifles in a 5.56 mm Evolution. Kemp, Ian // Armada International;Apr/May2007, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p36
The article focuses on the evolution of 5.56 millimeter assault riffle. The U.S. Army decided to fund the Objective Combat Weapon (OICW) project to develop a weapon combining a 5.56 millimeter rifle and 20 millimeter grenade launcher with a sophisticated full-solution fire control system to...
- Infantry Area Weapon. Housson, Jean Pierre // Military Technology;2008, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p89
The article focuses on the military weapons and tactics used in infantry platoons and squad levels, looking at the effectiveness in terms mobility, firepower and mobility. It discusses each appropriate military weapons and tactics in each level of combat, and the intensity of the offense such as...
- M320 Grenade Launcher. // Soldiers;Jan2010, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p22
The article presents information on the M320 Grenade Launcher, which can be mounted on M16 and M4 systems.
- ARE RAIL SY5TEMS REPORTABLE? // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Sep2012, Issue 718, p39
The article provides an answer to a question of the correct reporting of M4 and MS adapter rail systems for the M16 rifle and M4/M4A1.