Fox's Lewis Expands PR Purview
- Ailes pledges center course for Fox News. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;7/22/96, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p32
Reports that Fox News Channel will not play ideological favorites when it launches on October 7, 1996. Comment by Roger Ailes, Fox News chairman and chief executive officer; Ailes' plans on running an infomercial in the channel; Features of the scheduled launch.
- Roger Ailes is mad as hell. Brock, David // New York;11/17/97, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p30
Looks at Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox News. Ailes' work as a political consultant for the Republican party; His work with Rupert Murdoch, owner of the Fox News conglomerate; Ailes' public hatred for journalists; What Ailes will need to do to revive Fox News.
- Murdoch reups Ailes at Fox News. Nix, Jennifer // Variety;11/17/97, Vol. 369 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the contract extension of Roger Ailes as chairman and chief executive officer of Fox News. History of Ailes with Fox News.
- `Fairness' will set Fox News apart: Ailes. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p3
Reports on Fox News business plans. Launch of news channel on October 7, 1996; Chairman Roger Ailes' chiding of CNN and MSNBC for running graphics during press briefings on investigation of the crash of TWA Flight 800; Features of Fox News Channel.
- Ailes Re-ups at Fox. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/09/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p6
Reports that Roger Ailes has signed up for another stint as chairman and CEO of the United States-based Fox News, with a contract that extends through January 2004. Overseeing of Fox News Channel; Highlights of career.
- Fox's news hounds give chase. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p30
Presents an interview with Fox News President Roger Ailes concerning his plans for the company. Achievements by Fox News; Features of the company's relationship with Sky; Views on the news media's coverage of the death of Princess Diana; Views on the so-called interpretation of news.
- A cure for what Ailes Fox news staffers. Robins, J. Max // Variety;4/8/96, Vol. 362 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on news as it relates to television in the United States. Head of Fox News, Roger Ailes' appointment; Why Fox's exploratory talks with the Eye web; Criticism of Bill and Hillary Clinton on television; Response by Charlie Ross.
- Roger AILES. J.G. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov2003, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p296
Profiles television executive Roger Ailes. Launching of Fox News in 1996; Comparison with CNN; Views on criticisms against Fox's war coverage.
- Fox clicks on Web site chief. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;11/16/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 34, p2
The article reports on the appointment of Ken LaCorte as executive of Foxnews.com, a Web site for Fox News Network LLC in the U.S. LaCorte, who was appointed by Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, replaces Bert Solivan, and will head all editorial and design functions of the site. Furthermore, the Web...