Late to the Game
- Louisiana's Lafayette Utility System To Sell $125M for Fiber Optics Plan. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/24/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32636, p8
The article reports on the $125 million bond offering of Lafayette Utilities System (LUS) company aimed at raising funds for a fiber optics project in Louisiana. The bonds, which officials set a pricing date of June 12, 2007, would allow LUS to offer telecommunication services that includes...
- La. Court May Review Mum Telecom Case. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32483, p1
The article provides updates on the review of Louisiana Supreme Court of its decision concerning the bond sales and telecommunications business of Lafayette Utilities System. The Lafayette City-Parish Consolidated Government is expected to file its last motion with the court on October 13, 2006....
- In the Courts:. // CableFAX Daily;9/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 176, p2
The article reports that Lafayette Utilities System, in order to compete with Cox and Bellsouth, is asking the Louisiana Supreme Court to approve a bond ordinance plan that would allow the company to expand its FTTH project in the city.
- Lafayette, La., Utility's Planned $125M Deal Would Be Illegal, Judge Rules. Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32444, p4
The article reports on the circuit court decisions for the case filed by Elizabeth Naquin, a taxpayer, regarding the legality of selling $125 million bonds by Lafayette Utilities System in Louisiana. The Third Circuit Court of Appeals judge had ruled in favor of Naquin by citing that the bond...
- Cash Yields Drop 8-10 Basis Points; Puerto Rico Leads $1.8B in New Issues. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p2
Reports on bond issues that came to the bond market on August 6, 2003. Financial worth of these bond issues; Bonds that entered the market; Fall in cash bond yields.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT. // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p2
Presents information on the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of August 6, 2003.
- Illinois Returns to Competitive Sales With $285M Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p30
Reports on Illinois' plans to sell $285 million general obligation bonds in the competitive market. Bond ratings; Structure of the deal; Advantages of competitive sales.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p35
Presents a chart depicting visible supply of bonds by state in the U.S. as of August 2005.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p20
Presents charts depicting the results of negotiated bond sales in the U.S.