Return of St. Tammany
- Louisiana Returning to New-Money Arena for the First Time in Three Years. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/22/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33204, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Louisiana government to sell 325 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bonds. The author mentions that the deal will be composed of 200 million dollars of new-money debt for state capital-outlay projects and 124.8 million dollars of refunding bonds. He...
- LOUISIANA: Lafayette Heads to Market. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32669, p9
The article reports that Lafayette, Louisiana will be selling $18.9 million of sales tax bonds on June 17, 2007. The sales tax bonds will be sold competitively, with Foley & Judell LLP as the bond counsel. The Series 2007A bonds total $16.8 million and the Series 2007B bonds total $2.1 million...
- Idea of sales tax gaining momentum. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;5/16/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p30
Reports on the call for the replacement of the excise tax system in Puerto Rico. Collection of taxes on consumer goods at the port of entry and payment by the distributor; Benefits of the implementation of a sales tax; Description of the value-added tax.
- Buda takes largest sales tax jump. SEVILLA, ANDY // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/14/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 20, p1D
The article reports on the sales tax increase recorded by the city of Buda in Texas in August 2013.
- Setting the stage for a sales tax. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;11/11/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p39
Reports on legislation that could bring out sales taxes in Puerto Rico. Need for the government to decide if the excise tax system is the best way to collect tax revenue on merchandise; Benefits of a sales tax to the consumer and to businesses.
- Puerto Rico House Sends Sales Tax Increase to Governor. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34316, p14
The article reports that the Puerto Rico House of Representatives passed an amended sales tax rise on May 26, 2015.
- Georgia to Debate $1B Transportation Bill. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;1/29/2015, p40
The article reports on the plan of the Georgia General Assembly to debate the proposed Transportation Funding Act of 2015, which aims to address the state's transportation needs without a tax increase. Measures proposed in the bill discussed include the conversion of sales tax on motor fuel to...
- Denver Sells Debt for Convention Center Today. Albanse, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31102, p3
Reports the sale of variable-rate excise tax bonds in Denver, Colorado. Funds for the expansion of the convention center; Valuation of the bonds; Excess of the excise tax collection.
- LOUISIANA: Caddo Parish School Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p9
The article reports that the Caddo Parishwide School District in Louisiana will sell $20 million of general obligation bonds through a competitive bid on January 23, 2007. The maturities of the bonds are from 2009 through 2032. The deal is the third offering from the 2004 referendum where voters...