Maryland Gubernatorial Candidate Names Running Mate
- Get Set for the Takeout in Trenton. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;11/1/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the gubernatorial elections in New Jersey. Role of the governor of New Jersey; Possible candidates for governor; Preparations for the next elections.
- GOP Hats in the Ring. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p37
Reports on the plan of Judge Jan Florez to officially file as a candidate for governor in Arizona.
- Explaining third-party success in gubernatorial elections: The cases of Alaska, Connecticut, Maine and Minnesota. Gold, Howard J. // Social Science Journal;2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p523
Abstract: In the 1990s alone, four states elected third-party governors. Walter Hickel of Alaska and Lowell Weicker of Connecticut were elected in 1990. Maine elected Angus King in 1994. And Jesse Ventura was elected governor of Minnesota in 1998. In this article, I examine these four cases in...
- soapbox derby. // Bangor Metro;Oct2010, p70
In this article, the authors speak about their views concerning who they vote for in the coming 2010 gubernatorial election in Maine. One author stresses the importance of one's vote that it should be keep secret and should not be swayed by different notable individuals. Another author is hoping...
- Face-Off on I-95. Meyer, Eugene L. // Washingtonian Magazine;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p43
Focuses on the rivalry between Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley and Montgomery County executive Douglas Duncan in the gubernatorial election in Maryland. Publicity issue facing Duncan; National attention received by the mayor as head of the homeland-security task force of the U.S. Conference of...
- FINISHING STRONG. // Business Mexico;2005 Special Edition, Vol. 14/15 Issue 12/1, p6
The article reports on the political performance of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) of Mexico in four state elections on November 14. The former ruling party, aiming to win back the presidency in 2006 overwhelmingly won two gubernatorial elections on November 14 and split battles...
- 'Ten Commandments Judge' Moore Kicks Off Run For Ala. Governor. // Church & State;Nov2005, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p19
Announces the candidacy of judge Roy Moore for the gubernatorial seat in Albama in 2006. Career history of Moore; View that religion is the basis of all law; Political platform of Roy Moore.
- Romney's campaign stalls in Fla. Youngman, Sam // Hill;8/1/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 94, p1
The article reports on the gubernatorial campaign of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney in Florida. The report states that Romney has struggled to gain traction on the new early voting state. It cites that Romney's campaign expect his poll numbers to improve once he is introduced to the...
- 2004 Gubernatorial Elections. Beyle, Thad // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Winter2005, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p12
Relates the author's thoughts about the 2004 gubernatorial elections in the U.S. Number of incumbent governors who were eligible to seek re-election; Popularity of the candidates; Results of the 2004 gubernatorial races; Statistical data on U.S. gubernatorial elections.