New Tax Plan Headed to Texas Governor
- Texas Lawmakers Pass $1.8 Billion of Tuition Revenue Bonds, Tax Reform Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p40
The article reports on the submission of the proposed higherâ€“education bond package to the Texas Legislature in Texas. Governor Rick Perry is expected to sign the measures into law. Perry has been called on to hammer out new state revenues to fund public education. The Texas Legislature...
- Tax Cap Debate. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p31
Reports on the proposal of Texas Governor Rick Perry on cap on local property tax increase. School finance reform package; Reduction of homestead property appraisals; Formula for raising tax revenue.
- IRS Asked to Allow Texas PSF to Back More School Bonds. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32835, p5
The article reports on the letter that Governor Rick Perry sent to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) which states that IRS needs to modify its regulations to permit the Texas Permanent School Fund (PSF) to guarantee twice as much debt. Perry said that IRS' failure to authorize the...
- New law reduces testing, revises graduation standards. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/19/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p3B
The article reports on the approval of Texas Governor Rick Perry on the house bill (HB5) by Killeen Representative Jimmie Don Aycock, which revises the graduation standards and allows high school students not to take 15 end-of-course State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) tests.
- Delayed State Aid Payments Take Some Texas Schools By Surprise. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/1/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31668, p3
Reports on delay in the implementation of a legislation, concerning state aid payments to Texas-based public school districts, passed by the state Governor Rick Perry, as of July 1, 2003. Reasons behind delay in the implementation of legislation; Provisions in the legislation; Impact of delay...
- Texas School Districts Learn to Budget During Lean Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p8
Reports on budget deficits facing school districts in Texas. School finance formula by Governor Rick Perry and other lawmakers; Texas school finance law; Lawsuit by school districts against the school formula; Plans of the Carroll district to have a bond election at the end of 2004 to finance...
- Texas Governor Unveils School Funding Plan. Galley, Michelle // Education Week;4/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p28
Governor Rick Perry of Texas announced a new blueprint late last week for overhauling the state's school finance system. The Republican governor's plan would pump more than $2 billion in new funding into the public schools and restructure the property-tax system so that some of that money would...
- Texas' Perry Signs School Finance Bill That Cuts Maximum Property Tax Rate. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32394, p4
The article reports Texas Governor Rick Perry's signing of HB1 into law. The bill is a major component of a school finance reform package approved in May 2006 by the state Legislature. The measures provides a reduction in the maximum property tax rate that school districts may levy a period of...
- Hood Riddance. Hart, Patricia Kilday // Texas Monthly;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p58
Deals with the approach of Texas Governor Rick Perry on school finance. Decline in the share of the cost of education in Texas; Political consequences of the failure to fix the problem with school finance for Perry; Reforms adopted by Perry to reduce dropout rates.