'Burst-Bubble' Scenarios for Housing Have Experts Worrying About Munis
- Restructuring may affect call on Section 8 housing bonds. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p4
Focuses on the report by Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst Kurt van Kuller finding that secondary-market investors may be overpaying for federally insured bonds issued for housing projects that receive Section 8 housing subsidies underestimating the debt's call risk. Features of the Section 8 housing...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, July 25. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32182, p2
Presents summary data on the United States bond market for July 25, 2005. Existing home sales; Municipal bond index; The Bond Buyer's 30-day visible supply; TheMuniCenter list.
- Munis Steam Ahead Despite Capacity Worries. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p2
The article reports on the situation of the municipal bond market in New York which continues to hammer away at long-term tax-free bonds as dealers question whether there is sufficient capacity to absorb a bombardment of new paper.
- Montgomery County, Ohio, Plans Revenue Bonds for Hospital Buyout. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p3
Reports the sale of revenue bonds by Montgomery County, Ohio on behalf of the Kettering Medical Center. Purpose of the move; Details on the deal; Amount of bond sold; Benefit of the the move to the bondholders of the Grandview Hospital and Medical Center.
- Kurt Van Kuller Leaves Merrill for 1861. Posner, Martthew; Hanson, Martthew // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Kurt van Kuller as head of municipal research at Merrill Lynch & Co. Kuller will join the hedge fund 1861 Capital Management LLC as an assistant portfolio manager. He will help equip the fund the invest more in housing bonds using a municipal bond...
- Reports Predict a Long Wait for MSA Payment Resolution. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32428, p40
The article discusses research reports by two U.S. banks stating that it would take more time before a determination is made on whether tobacco companies owe states money withheld earlier from the 2006 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) payments. Payments to states under the terms of the MSA back...
- Merrill's van Kuller Sees 2 Sides to Calif. Tribal Gaming Growth. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31968, p3
This article presents views of Kurt van Kuller, manager of municipal credit research at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., on opportunities and risk for municipal bond investors. van Kuller said during his speech at a tribal gaming panel September 12, 2004, evening at The Bond Buyer's 14th Annual...
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p20
Lists bond calls and redemptions in the United States as of November 21, 2000. California Department of Veterans Affairs' Home purchase revenue bonds, 1997 Series C; Connecticut's general obligation bonds.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p22
Highlights the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the United States as of November 21, 2000. Idaho Housing & Finance Association's single family mortgage bonds; Minnesota Housing Finance Agency's single family mortgage bonds; Oregon Housing & Community Services Department's mortgage...